Cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheating

Confession time - we're renting a cabin for our next camping outing. I humbly confess my sin in front of the tent camping congregation - please forgive me.

Actually, it's a very primitive cabin - beds only - so all we're ditching is the tent. The cooking and sleeping gear is all coming with. So's the dog. Watch out Charleston SC, here we come!!

Any recommendations on the best bbq around Mt Pleasant?

TIA RG

Hey, since we are into confessions............ 4-5 years ago, Susan and I were walking wilderness trail in the Trinity's. We were on day 4 of 6, and had just spent days 2-4 in an unexpected medium to torrential rain (24 hours a day). We were pretty bummed on day four.

Then, we found an abandoned horse barn. We checked inside; NO water on the ground anywhere. We spend the rest of day 4 and half of day 5 letting our bodies dry off and warm up. It was like the Carlton Ritz. :D
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

It's okay

My wife demands a cabin basically every time we go so I understand. However, I still use a tent if they allow it to be placed on the cabin site.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the BBQ joints, though now I"m in the mood for some pulled pork.. Have fun!
      Needs for Facebook Fans. My mom doesn't really count. http://bit.ly/d7QHYI

Comment

All went well (almost) with cheating on my tent. The tent didn't seem jealous at all when we got back, go figure. At least it didn't chase me around with a golf club. :confused:

The only mishap was we got some bad pizza from the joint closest to the campground. We think it was the pepperoni since the ones who got sick were the only ones to eat the pie with the pepperoni on top. My youngest was on the top bunk bed when she finally hurled creating maximum splatter :eek: (TMI?). The hour of cleanup at 10PM seemed like forever but eventually we got to sleep.

Other than that, Charleston SC was incredibly beautiful and hospitable. Highly recommend.
        Last edited by Rob22315; 04-06-2010, 08:02 AM.

Comment

For bbq, we went to StickyFingers. Not bad for a local chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob22315 View Post
            For bbq, we went to StickyFingers. Not bad for a local chain.
            Hey my wife ate there on a Bizz trip in Greenville. All I got was a "Lick my Bones" T-shirt and two boxes of their BBQ sauce Variety Packs...:D
            “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
            ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

That's OK, during my last camping trip...when it snowed 16 inches. We packed up and went to my SIL's house 45 minutes away. Her family was camping with us.

Had it just been adults we would have stayed. But we didn't feel like cooping up 5 children below the ages of 5 inside tents, and trying to keep them warm.

Comment

Working...
              X