Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Fire Poker do you Use?

Howdy,
    Recently I was spending some time chatting about firewood for campfires and this question occured. It wasn't a miracle or anything, but it has given rise to the 45 year old question that has been bugging me and always forgotten until I'm back down-range doing my camping thing. What kind of campfire poker do you use?

I have used a folding shovel, a folding chair, an umbrella handle, burned fingers, a store bought fancy all metal fireplace gold handle poker(left at some campsite). And now I'm using a hard-handled hickory stick from an old camping broom that lost all of it's bristles over time. This one seems fine and every-once-in-a-while I'll leave the stick in the fire and it will shorten by inches over time and flame. So, what do you use? Feel free to speak up and liven up this place? Campingforums dot com relies on you to make a difference. If you are still just reading sign-up today, it's free and you won't be disappointed. I even listen to Carter Country Radio(rock) from the Volunteer State on the web while chatting.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I use a piece of kindling.

Comment

I use a stick, usually one that's just lying around.

Comment

Well I have used a stick that I have found laying around before. But most of the times if I am going to be poking at the fire it is right before adding a couple of pieces of wood and just use a piece before I add it. Than a couple of years ago I bought a little shovel and use it alot now too. What ever is there and handy gets used.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob22315 View Post
          I use a stick, usually one that's just lying around.
          Ditto! Never carry anything just for this.
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
          X