No announcement yet.

Canopy/Screen House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the camping industry is such that word of mouth (and internet, blogging, etc.) can have a strong effect on products/companies, and manufacturers can't afford not to be overly-customer friendly, and sending out a part or even a new item is much more cost effective than fighting battles with customers.

Comment

Ya see Rob, just a little complaint goes a long way in the internet world these days. Mike59, you really hit the nail on the head here. Hope this works again for the next fella or bella that thinks they have gotten ripped-off from a company. I am happy for you Rob, and now you even got a second screen when something happens to the one you bought or did you send that item back? Thanks for complaining about a product.:D
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

They didn't ask for it back when I offered. I'll ask one more time just to make sure it couldn't be construed as stealing.

RG

Comment

I got a note from North Pole today requesting return of the screen so it's going back. The note included a shipping label, smart on their part. I didn't even take it out of the box.

Comment

JohnJohn-Most manufacturers will support their product 100%. How they handle defective claims I don't think is affected by whether a retailer sells a customer an insurance policy. I avoid the insurance policies and if the retailer balks at my return, go right to the manufacturer.

Comment

Regarding canopies, has anyone out there had any good/bad experience with Quick Shade, Shade Tech, or EZ Up canopies?

Comment

We've used the EZ up...I have no comparison since its our first. It does fine overall...during a real real heavy rain storm it was left full extended up and it held alot of water and started bending. We lower it now and let the edges down and it provides a smaller area of protection till morning.

It serves it purpose. Hopefully we get a few seasons out of it(after the meter got bent a little).

Comment

I saw an EZ up next to a ShadeTech and the EZ up looked like a more solid piece. It's a little more expensive but maybe worth it.

Comment

How sturdy are they is a good wind? I mean a good blow...like 50 to 60 knot winds. Will they stand up to those winds?

Comment

Living in coastal SE Georgia, we have mosquito's and sand gnat's that will eat you alive. We spent a week in July last summer at the Jekyll Island Campground, and they were the worst I've ever seen. When we got back home I went to Wally World and bought the EZ Up tent with screen room for around $100.00, and keep it in the camper all the time now. Once you set it up a time or two it gets very easy. We don't use it all the time, but its nice to have when needed. Cannot comment on the 50-60 knot winds, but I can say its very solid. We also bought the dome attachment that makes it a tent.

Comment

I really woudn't think it would do all that great in those type of winds. I figure these type of canopy's aren't built that well. I was actually against buying it,but my wife wanted it and bought it. Although it has provided a nice area to hang a few rope lights and has kept alot of our stuff dry. Especially last summer with all the rain we had every weekened trip.

I'll let anybody know this summer/spring/fall...if I get anymore first hand experience with it.

Comment

Canopy/Screen House Recommendations

Hello all!

We have always camped using a table canopy. While we also have a canopy off of the trailer, we like to get the table away from the camper a bit and "open up" the space.

Finding a good shade/rain only canopy (no screens) is a bit of a challenge. We've gone through two that we really liked; originally a rectangular one from Wenzel, and now Coleman's GeoSport (15ft 5 sided). We really like the Coleman, but it needs to be replaced, and they no longer make it.

So, we need recommendations for LARGE stand-alone canopy with NO screens. Can you help?

Thank you in advance!
                          Our Rig....
                          2012 Ford F-150 Crew-Cab Truck w/Ecoboost (just purchased, new photo soon)
                          Nomad Joey 246 Travel Trailer, 24ft, 3 bunks, Queen, no slides, no foldouts - Floorplan
                          RempRack Pickup Bed Bike Rack (5 bikes)
                          sigpic
                          Camping and Biking with Family! The BEST!

Comment

Re: Canopy/Screen House Recommendations

Originally posted by bdean View Post
                            Hello all!

We have always camped using a table canopy. While we also have a canopy off of the trailer, we like to get the table away from the camper a bit and "open up" the space.

Finding a good shade/rain only canopy (no screens) is a bit of a challenge. We've gone through two that we really liked; originally a rectangular one from Wenzel, and now Coleman's GeoSport (15ft 5 sided). We really like the Coleman, but it needs to be replaced, and they no longer make it.

So, we need recommendations for LARGE stand-alone canopy with NO screens. Can you help?

Thank you in advance!
                            Paha Que makes quality longlasting products and the shape of their sun shelter in similar to the Coleman:

http://www.pahaque.com/Merchant2/mer...ory_Code=sshel

It is 3' smaller but still will fit nicely over the typical 8foot long picnic table.

You can do better pricewise at ww.amazon.com generally.
                            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Re: Canopy/Screen House

We have two table-canopies a ten foot model and a twelve foot model from Kelty. Here's some info to check out:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/search?p=Kelty%20shadehouse

Comment

Re: Canopy/Screen House

Thank you all for your help! These look like good options. For the moment, I'm holding out for something a bit closer to the geoSport -- 15' and tall. What I don't like about these "arch" style shade shelters is that amount of space that is taken by the arch, and the low openings. While they might be rated as 10x10 - or even 13x13 -- much of that space is not usable due to the very low or steep arching of the design.

Keep the ideas coming. I'm sure there must be something closer out there!
                                Our Rig....
                                2012 Ford F-150 Crew-Cab Truck w/Ecoboost (just purchased, new photo soon)
                                Nomad Joey 246 Travel Trailer, 24ft, 3 bunks, Queen, no slides, no foldouts - Floorplan
                                RempRack Pickup Bed Bike Rack (5 bikes)
                                sigpic
                                Camping and Biking with Family! The BEST!

Comment

Working...
                                X