Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cot

Hey everyone,
    I'm looking to buy a cot, any recommendations? I'm was looking at Go-Kot, Cabella's, and Slumberjack. Those seem to fit my height and weight, I'm concerned about comfort.

Hey MrDave, I say if you love your sleep and love your comfort? Buy the best of the best use google and amazon to help you find the best by reading reviews.
    My cooking site!

Comment

I will never use anything other than Slumberjack again. We had 2, one a slumberjack and one from REI. I cannot remember how much weight a slumberjack can take, but the other one said over 500 lbs. I sat on it and it bent almost immediately- might I say, I am NO WHERE near 500 lbs. I then slept on the slumberjack for the next few nights and it held up and was very comfortable.

Comment

For the cost of a big, bulky, heavy cot you could almost buy a ThermaRest and have a roll-up, light, comfortable lifetime-guaranteed mattress that doesn't soak up the cold like a hollow air mattress. But if you're willing and able to haul that much gear, why not buy a USGI nylon/aluminum cot off Ebay. I have one that I use around the house for fun that cost $20 and was straight from Iraq, like new. Uncle Sam knows quality!
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Fits the cheap category, fits the genreally tough category, not sure about the comfort category. It always takes me a few days to get over sleeping on one of these bad boys.

Originally posted by tplife View Post
          For the cost of a big, bulky, heavy cot you could almost buy a ThermaRest and have a roll-up, light, comfortable lifetime-guaranteed mattress that doesn't soak up the cold like a hollow air mattress. But if you're willing and able to haul that much gear, why not buy a USGI nylon/aluminum cot off Ebay. I have one that I use around the house for fun that cost $20 and was straight from Iraq, like new. Uncle Sam knows quality!

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
            Uncle Sam knows quality!
            i have to dissagree with you, the way things are going i wouldnt trust uncle sambo for anything.
            we use a couple of oversize self inflating mattress's made by guide gear. they work excellent.

Comment

I'm an expert on the matter, having much trial and error experience! I'll recommend the "Roll-A-Cot" (available in standard and large sizes), in combination with a Thermarest or similar mat. The Roll-A-Cot is heavy duty, dries quickly if wetted, stows compactly (tucks under thwarts in canoes, etc.), supports, with adjustable firmness, lots of weight, and is relatively "tall", creating lots of under-cot storage in a tent. The cot fabric is non-absorbent mesh, permitting both quick drying, but also, some airflow thru the deck, so a pad or other insulation beneath you is wanted in cool conditions. Good design and execution, at a reasonable price.

Comment

I needed a cot for my cot tent the tent sits on top of the cot and replaces the spreader bars at each end. So I got mine at walmart 35$. so far its held up real good i'm 5'10 190lbs. I use it alot . My son also has one and sleeps on it every night for the past 6 months. he's 6'2" 220 lbs :D looking to get one wider up to 40" wide. the one I have is 27" wide. good cot for the money.Happy camping

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by donnyonee View Post
                      i have to dissagree with you, the way things are going i wouldnt trust uncle sambo for anything.
                      we use a couple of oversize self inflating mattress's made by guide gear. they work excellent.
                      Well, do some research somtetime on what "mil-spec" means regarding specification requirements, lab testing, validation, and you'll discover that USGI products are among the very finest in the world. Once discontinued or improved, they are often sold to the public as surplus. The engineering results are adopted by the public for the benefit of consumers. That's where microwave ovens, doppler radar (TRACON), transistors, integrated circuits,lightweight synthetic materials, and an endless number of convenient, life-saving and safety enhancing technologies are developed. Please don't discredit all hard-working Americans because an indifferent public is allowing its freedoms to slip away to a group of self-serving beaurocrats.
                      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
                      X