modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

today I installed the outside trim and repainted the awning rail. next I will try to stain the trim, install the awning rail and install safety chains on the trailer.
    Attached Files

Comment

had a hail storm Friday and the wanderer received damage on one side wall and the rear end wall after the hail we received heavy rain, some of the wood is wet and stained, after the wood dries I will sand and repair the damage and paint the camper.

Comment

today I removed the trim from the exterior of the camper and made new moulding tomorrow I will repair the damage, sand the camper, paint the moulding, prime and paint the camper.

Comment

Sorry for the weather related setback but glad you are back on track.
          Last edited by NYCgrrl; 04-05-2016, 09:47 PM.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Sorry to hear of the damage. It's hard enough to build it the first time, much less repairing it before you even use it. Soon you will be camping!

Comment

I repaired the damage, sanded and primed the camper, painted the trim. next I will seal the corners and joints, then paint the camper and install trim.
              Attached Files

Comment

I applied the first coat of paint , after the rain stops I will apply two more coats, seal the joints and install the trim.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks good...you can see the finish line. Soon you will be camping and all this will be worth it.

Comment

today I finished painting the walls and applied a second coat of paint to the moulding and sealed all the joints, tomorrow I will try to install the trim and cut new wheel moulding.

Comment

today I finished installing the exterior moulding, sealed the moulding, reinstalled the lights and touched up some paint.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great job.....does this mean it's finished?

Comment

Thats a sharp looking trailer
                          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                          – E. B. White

Comment

I still have a few small things left. drip rail over the door, safety chains, paint the bumper and paint over some paint that I dripped on the frame.

Comment

Sounds finished to me....these little trailers are never completely finished. Once you start camping in it you will find little modificationd and additions that make it better. You did a great job! Now go enjoy it. Don't forget the pictures.

Comment

without checking previous posts
                                do you have an estimated weight on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X