Just bought a Popup Camper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a Popup Camper.

Ok moving into a popup camper from tent camping. Found a cheap camper and bought it, now need to do some work in preparing to go out in it.

Is their a Canvas patching kits I can get?

Re: Just bought a Popup Camper.

I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't work on cotton canvas:

https://www.mcnett.com/gearaid/tenacious-tape#10691

The stuff is awesome, either used by itself or with a bit of SeamGrip spread on the rip and allowed to dry before applying the tape.

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

BTW, I prefer the colored versions of the Tenacious Tape to the clear. I think they make a stronger, more permanent repair. Basically, very strong gripping fabric tape.

Comment

OK thanks I will be getting some..

Comment

Would that be Gaffer's Tape?
            “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
            ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Gear Aid / Repair / Tenacious Tape™

Comment

I don't think it's the same as Gaffer's tape. The Tenacious Tape is actually a nylon tent fabric with a urethane adhesive coating. Fully waterproof and air tight. It's the same stuff that Thermarest provides as patches for their inflatable mattresses. Perfect for tents, sleeping bags, down jackets, leaks in Thermarest pads, and so on and so forth.

It has a paper backing that has to be peeled off to expose the adhesive, after you have trimmed it to size, and just before you press it on.

Comment

Sounds like something we should all have a small roll of, Popup or no!
                  “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                  ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

The repairs I made on my Thermarest pad in the early 90's are still holding just fine.

Comment

Some of the fancier tents include 12 inch lengths of the tape in all of the colors to match the tent. The Marmot Thor (4-season) and Marmot Eclipse (lightweight backpacking tent) had the colors to match both colors of the fly, the inner tent, and the floor. Appears to be the same stuff as Tenacious Tape but, the exact fabric as the tent (ripstop, etc.)

Otherwise, just buy a roll of the tenacious tape in whatever color best matches. I used blue to repair a couple of small rips in that old Sierra Designs Meteor Lite. Kenyon makes a similar repair tape.

The best way to do a permanent repair is to cover the actual rip with liquid seamgrip seam sealer (or shoe goo). Let that completely dry. And, then put the Tenacious Tape patch over the whole area.

Comment

You don't want to use gaffer's tape. The stuff is designed to be removed cleanly, using a different kind of adhesive than duct and Tenacious tape. It's not meant for long term repairs.

Comment

Don't use duct tape on polyester or nylon either. Was playing around with a piece of coated poly taffeta. Made a cross rip in it then placed duct tape on it to see how it held. When I attempted to remove the tape it ripped lengthwise. Oh right and it leaves an unsightly residue of glue on the fabric as well.

I know I know. A lil too much time on my hands.:out:
                          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Not sure if you got this fixed or not, but take a llok at this, it may help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcKcfmpBris

Comment

Well I ended up not repairing it but I did trade it in on a new 2015 Sportsman 16 BH Camper trailer. If I had kept the POP Up I would have had to beg for assistance when pulling out.

I only paid 350.00 for the Pop Up and the dealer ship gave me 500.00 onto the new Camper for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X