Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine

For what it's worth...

I've put artificial rain gutters on my pop-up, and this is the style of tower I use (just not the super tall ones).

My setup:

Note, if you look *really* closely, you can see that on the front, I've used the Thule artificial Rain gutters (better product IMO) and on the rear, I used Yakima's version. The Thule's have a plate on the bottom side (the inside roof of my pop-up) and the Yakima ones just have big washers. The Thule ones are less expensive ($40 for 4) as they come in a set of 4. The Yakima's come in a set of 2 (for $30/pair). The reason I used the Yakima ones on the rear is that I already had 2 extra Thule ones (used 1/2 the set on my Jeep's Hard Top) and didn't need to buy a complete other Thule set and have 2 left over again. (although in hindsight, it might have been smart to mount 3 sets of artificial rain gutters on my Pop-up to give more flexability in bar placement, since I don't have adjustable rails like John.

Last edited by trayson; 04-20-2005, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I was thinking you could put one of the shorter bars infront of the air conditioner and another one behind it. With a canoe, it should be long enough to stretch over both bars even though they would be far apart.

Do you have any pictures of you camper you could post?
      JohnJohn
      ---------
      Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
        I was thinking you could put one of the shorter bars infront of the air conditioner and another one behind it. With a canoe, it should be long enough to stretch over both bars even though they would be far apart.

Do you have any pictures of you camper you could post?
        The other thing that he could think about is putting the canoe beside the A/C. If you look at the pictures I just posted, you can see that my A/C is off center, so I think that if I really wanted to, I'd be able to get away with putting a kayak or canoe next to my A/C instead of on top of it...

Just a thought.

I agree, seeing his pop-up would help a lot.

Comment

Have there been issues with leaking after penetrating the roof top?

I have a 1998 Viking Pop-Up but also three kids. I also have a 2002 Chevy Silverado / Extended Cab with the 5.3 liter. I'd like to get the bikes on the camper and leave room in the truck for firewood and other things. Plus my wife has a 2004 Durango and we pull the camper at times with that.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike01007 View Post

I have a 1998 Viking Pop-Up but also three kids. I also have a 2002 Chevy Silverado / Extended Cab with the 5.3 liter. I'd like to get the bikes on the camper and leave room in the truck for firewood and other things. Plus my wife has a 2004 Durango and we pull the camper at times with that.

M.
            How, talk about resurecting a thread!

No. No problems to date with leaking. And my pop-up has lived the last two winters outside because I needed the space in my 3rd bay of my garage and displaced the pop-up to the patio behind my 3rd bay.

We'll see how it looks when I open it up this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by trayson View Post
              Wow, talk about resurecting a thread!
              Yea...my appologies.....but if the facts are there and saves me a leaky roof, well worth the revival. :D

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike01007 View Post

M.

No leaking on mine either(the one in the pictures).
                JohnJohn
                ---------
                Forum Admin

Comment

Working...
                X