My New Rig...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Rig...

Okay, finally read the rules. I'll post a few more and just wait patiently. Here's the new rig. I'm hoping to take her out in the next few weeks. Does anybody else have an R-pod on here? I'm thinkin I'm going to enjoy this one....Bill

Re: My New Rig...

Looks like Feb. in Ca. Looks like Almonds?
    Jack
    Thrift store tent
    Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Well, it has definitely been a few weeks. Did you get out with the new toy?
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Nice R-pod. I saw my first one of those in Yellowstone 2 years ago. Nice rig. I camp in a smaller Teardrop that I built myself.

So where have you taken the new trailer?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	gs11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	69888

While not an rPod, I have a 14ft. Family obligations have only allowed one trip this spring. It was a great weekend trip to the Hocking Hills area of Ohio.

I love little travel trailers.
          - Laura
          Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

That's a cute one Actad. I've looked at the small trailers and like the casita and scamps a lot - but I believe they are set up as all electric.

This is my favorite way to camp. All dry camping and no generator - if it can't run on the battery or propane, then I don't need it. It's 21 feet so it fits almost anywhere.
            Attached Files
            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Love your rig toedtoes. That would be my preference to have a self contained one like yours with vehicle and living space combined, but since we already had the pickup, a small travel trailer was a nice addition to the various boats parked around our yard. My TT is battery and propane as well as electric.
              - Laura
              Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

I originally wanted a truck camper (grew up in one), but since I had an SUV not a pickup, the cost was too much. This has worked out well because it gives me a second vehicle when needed. I also found that my insurance has gone down - the mileage I was putting on the SUV have dropped significantly since I'm not using it to go camping, etc., and the insurance on a 1975 RV is extremely cheap (about $40 more than the 1980's trailer I had prior).
                “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Working...
                X