Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camping and Ice Fishing - Thought some might find this interesting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping and Ice Fishing - Thought some might find this interesting...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 086.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	72589So, this is our year round, fully spray-foam insulated Ice Castle Fish House/Camper.

Name:	Picture 036.jpg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	72588

Name:	Picture 035.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	72587

Name:	Picture 032.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	72586The interior is all beautiful cedar, and smells just wonderful. It has two double bunks and two single bunks. The bottom double goes up to a large table, and the bottom single folds up into a small table. The camper will sleep adults (though it's crowded).

This is how the camper is used in the summer/fall, as you can see in the first image. It works out beautifully. The wheels on the frame are designed to fold up into the wheelwells, and the entire frame lays flat on the ground, or can be blocked up however high you want it.

In the next post, i'll show you how it's used on the ice.
    Attached Files

Re: Camping and Ice Fishing - Thought some might find this interesting...

For whatever reason it's not letting me post any additional pictures. Says I have a 5 file limit, but I figured I could delete the ones currently in my folder and add new ones. Guess I was wrong. If I can get it figured out i'll post some Ice Fishing pics with my setup.

Comment

That is correct, it is in the F.A.Q. tab. My suggestion to get around it is to start another thread with a similar title. Also one's first 6 posts or threads are moderated. This is a human maintained camping forum, it is not run by some hidden machine that just allows anyone to post. After you hit 6 posts or threads then you're considered pretty much golden. The keys to success are spelled out on the main page, scroll to the bottom and you'll find another category called F.A.Q. Should be a boon to you. If your rig was DIY then it'll be moved to the DIY section, thank you for your images and joining. Some campateers get through the moderation period in short order, others do not. Just depends on the individual.

Also if you have a free photobucket account, resize your original images to 900 pixels on the longest side then upload them to your free account. Once there just copy the "img" code and paste in your post where ever you'd like or thread where you wanna, just keep the number of images at 5 per post or thread.
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-21-2013, 10:56 PM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Wow, I am from the land of ice fishing and THAT is, without question, the most fantastic ice fishing shack I have ever seen!

Fantastic.

Thanks for posting. It is an inspiration.

Comment

I forgot to ever get back to this...

I'll go ahead and post some pics of the house on the ice.

Thank you all for the nice comments.

We do really enjoy having year round use out of our camper, and love that we can comfortably bring along our dog and young (2 year old) son. Next week we are heading to Itasca state park in northern MN for a week of camping. For some crazy reason though, i'm already looking forward to next winter to get it back out on the ice...!
          Attached Files

Comment

I would be in sooo much trouble with something like that!!

Comment

Working...
            X