Newbie to forum.. Not camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to forum.. Not camping

Howdy all! Im new here but not to camping. I have been camping either by tent, popup, RV, or travel trailer for almost 34 years now thanks to my parents. I am completely thrilled that I just bought my first Travel Trailer!!!! I go pick it up on Friday. Now I got one heck of a deal on it (under $800) but it does need a little work but my dad and I are gonna get that taken care of. It needs a new floor in the bathroom and into the hallway, (a 4x8 sheet of plywood will take care of that) a new wall in bathroom from the roof leak, and has a small hole in the front from where his son ran a lawn cart into it, and I have to reseal the roof. All of this I have done before when I worked at a camper dealership.

What is it you ask? It is a 2000 Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2501. There are a few other things that I want to get for it but not needed at this time.. One question for yall that I do have is, is there anything that typically goes wrong or I need to watch out for with this model? Thanks and I will get pics up as soon as I get to my home computer.

Re: Newbie to forum.. Not camping

Welcome. I too am new to this forum.

Comment

Welcome! Sounds exciting to get such a good deal. You have a lot of neat places to camp near you. We like Wayne National Forest.

Be sure to check the wheel bearings and the date codes on the tires.
      - Laura
      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

The most important thing you need to look out is to not to use wrong products. Using a wrong coating product can cause more damage than not doing maintenance at all. Although many coatings are similar in nature, there are no two that are identical. Therefore, what works best for you might not work as well for someone else. Consider your RV roof, your personal preferences, and what other people have experienced to get the best sealing and recoating solutions for your RV. That way, you can protect your investment and enjoy more time out on the open road.

Comment

Working...
        X