New to popups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to popups

Hey I just bought my first pop up. We have always camped in a tent in the past and decided it was time for a something new. I got a great deal on a 1998 Coleman Cheyenne. It does have a few small cracks in the ABS. But overall the Camper is in good shape. Good canvas, ac, frig, and so forth are all in working order. Just wanted to say hi and any advice you all have feel free to comment. Like I said we have never owned a popup before so we are looking forward to getting the roof fixed and going camping! Just to add I have read alot of post of people saying stay away from the ABS roof, and if you buy one you wasted your money especially one thats in need of repair. So I wanted to add I paid $500.00 for the camper so if I have to spend 300-500 on repairs I dont mind. But it looks like the only thing needed repaired is the roof.

Thanks you for any advise you may have.

Curtis

Re: New to popups

As long as you enjoy it thats what matters.. For the price sounds like you got a nice fixxer upper.. Enjoy and welcome to the forum.. Happy camping : )

Dont forget to post some pics..
    Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

Well I would have to agree about getting a nice fixer upper since the only needing fixed (right now) is the crack in the roof..lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	69638Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	69639Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	69639Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	69640Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(6).jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	69641

Comment

and here is the damage to the roof

Comment

http://www.popupexplorer.com/forum/i...topic=55727.45

Found this site with some repair idea's. Just Google "Repairing abs roof on popup traier".. Wish you luck and like your rig..
          Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

Originally posted by swebob View Post
            http://www.popupexplorer.com/forum/i...topic=55727.45

Found this site with some repair idea's. Just Google "Repairing abs roof on popup traier".. Wish you luck and like your rig..
            Thank you for the info. I have been reading a lot about it and there are so many different ways you can fix it. I just want to find the best solution that's not too terribly expensive that will last.

Comment

Keep it out of the weather when storing as much as possible. It will add years of life.

Comment

Wow that's a great Camper for $500, congrats!

Comment

I used to have a tent trailer. They are under-rated for milder weather. Good to say freezing, but slightly awkward in lower temperatures. Easy to pull, easy to buy, and wonderful views in all directions with the thing opened up. I don't like them so well for traveling and setting up each night. Great for staying put or moving every few days. Have fun. Now you have furniture and a real bed out of the dirt.

Comment

I agree, moving around daily and setting up/taking down is a pain. On my trip to Glacier, Red Lodge MT, Cody WY, this past July, I actually obtained a hotel room in Idaho for the trip from southern UT to Glacier.

However, I have camped in temps as low as 10 degrees (at night) high 40s during the day and have had no problems. Did use a tank of propane in a four day period.

Comment

yeah great camper for the $$!! i like it.

Comment

I have the feeling come Spring time 2014 I will have a post just like this one in here, till then I will just be checking in for some info from time to time from your Pop Uppers! :cool:
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X