Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are you happy with your propane refrigerator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you happy with your propane refrigerator?

i started up my propane refrigerator in my tent trailer. its a 3 way refer and im surprised how poorly it works with gas. i know the 110 works but this is something else. are they all this way or am i lucky? how much flame should i see? how do i know if its wokring right? any help would be nice.
    thanks
    don

Re: are you happy with your propane refrigerator?

What do you mean, it works "poorly"? Is your food not getting/staying cold?

I recommend a fridge thermometer. Just lay it on the shelf. Check it occasionally.

You need to give the fridge at least 12 hours to cool down, on either propane or electric, before you start opening the door and putting food in. These small fridges are not as efficient as a large household fridge---opening the door raises the temperature a lot, and it takes a while to recover.

The propane flame is small. All it does is heat the ammonia, so it doesn't need to be big. To check if the flame is on (if you can't see it well) put your hand (cautiously) on the vent pipe. It should be warm.

If your propane mode isn't lighting, you may need to light a stove burner to get the propane line flushed out, if it hasn't been used in a while.

Comment

Re: are you happy with your propane refrigerator?

ok i see how it works now. its just a pilot lite that heats the amonia. it does work proper but its nothing like having a compressor at home. yes kept the food perfect and let it run a day or 2 before leaving.
      thanks for your help.
      thermometer is good.

Comment

Working...
      X