New to camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to camping

I have just bought a new camper and had it out 2 times really like it so for any ideas on what to look for and avoid thanks

Re: New to camping

Good tip about videotaping. While you are doing that, record items like how to light your hot water tank, how to unroll your awning etc. while it is fresh in your mind. If you camp infrequently - or if you loan out your camper - it is nice to have those reminders.
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Thanks for all the tips when you are new to camping all is good to know for 1st time campers. Thanks The Baileys

Comment

Howdy fandwbai, welcome to the forum! Just wanted to pass along some info, your first six posts are moderated then after that your posts or threads will show up readily. There is no need to write your comment twice during the moderation period. Those double post attempts I simply delete with no harm done! Have fun here and thanks for chatting about the greatest sport of all....camping!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Wow i didnt know about leaks after 2 years.. Guess there more maintance on these trailers then i thought. I was looking at a Jayco Swift 18 footer today, I was amazed how much more room they have, the Youtube video's i saw make them look smaller inside..
          Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

Thanks HogSnapper that is a good idea to keep up with and you can go back and see a lot in 4 or 5 years that was a great thing to video tape and
            look at the weather strip , seams. and ect. thanks for all the tips Frank Bailey

Comment

Thanks renodesertfox thanks for the advice . Fandwbai

Comment

Carry a couple small spiral pads and pencils with you, use one pad to document things like the campground your staying at, the site number, list other features of the cg and other sites you like at that cg. Use another pad to keep track of your towed distance and fuel as well as anything you need to fix on the trailer. And use a third pad to keep track of "the stuff you forgot" or the stuff to remove from the trailer as you haven't used it in XXX number of trips.

You may also want to search the web and look for all your manuals if you don't have them... I have two sets for the Trailer, one stays in the trailer and the originals all stay at home. There is lots to take in as a "newbie" and best thing to do is write stuff down and ask lots of questions..

Comment

Originally posted by fandwbai View Post
                  I have just bought a new camper and had it out 2 times really like it so for any ideas on what to look for and avoid thanks
                  Yes make sure you take the time to use it, time slips away so fast.

Comment

We have a 2000 Coleman stored outside and have never had a problem with leaks! But the roof is one solid piece so that may be different from other brands.

Comment

Working...
                    X