Towing with a Volvo S60?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing with a Volvo S60?

Hey folks. Although I have some convincing to do with the wife, my goal is to get a smaller sized PUP and tow it with a Volvo S60. That car has a factory tow rating of 3307 lbs, and I am thinking a smaller sized PUP, weighing dry 1000-1400 lbs (depending on exact size) with gross numbers from 1700-2200, would be perfect. They should also keep me well within the car's total GCWR.

Anyone here use a car like this? Any suggestions? I know in my research, most folks just go with some sort of SUV. I just would rather stick with the car, since we would be using the trailer just a few times a year, while I am going to be using the vehicle all year long.

I would definately want the AWD version of the car, have it set up with extra tranny cooler, etc. (As I would any smaller SUV) to be on the safe side.

Re: Towing with a Volvo S60?

No, your car's a giant and like others on the Priuschat forums we're stuck with 2000 lb. max GVWR. You have a lot more choices due to the higher towing capacity! We went with a Thule cargo box instead, but retain the class II hitch and helper springs for future upgrades...
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Re: Towing with a Volvo S60?

Mig Trailers offer small light weight pop up camp trailers that your car could easily pull. With all the options including sink, running water, water tank, furnace, table, queen and full sized beds, tv, stereo, and others, the weight is just over 1,000 lbs. Check them out at migtrailers.com or on facebook at Mig Trailers.

Comment

Working...
      X