Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a small tent trailer

I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla.
    It is rated at a tow capacity of 1500 LBS.

I have been looking on Kijiji.........some people on there say that their 10' trailer only weighs 900 something pounds.

I have gone to some of the Mfr websites and found 8' units that are 1300.......what gives?

Are there really 10' that are that light or are these people ill informed?

I am almost 100% looking for an 8'......

Any advice, ideas?......

Re: Looking for a small tent trailer

I just bought a 2012 Timeout motor cycle tent trailer for my Chevy Malibu. I looked at all of the trailers and the timeout is the smallest but has the most space and tows very smooth and is very light and I don,t use anymore gas than normal,a great buy.My Malibu can,t carry more than 1000lbs including passengers,gear etc,including the trailer,so it is ideal for small and medium and large vehicles. Kiwi.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

See if this link from Alibaba.com will help you.. http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/small-tent-trailer.html This has all the listings of small tents..
        RV Park Reviews

Comment

i have a quicksilver 6.0 FOR SALE.
          HAS AIR-COND AWNING,JACKS.
          LOADED UP. 4,100.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
            I just bought a 2012 Timeout motor cycle tent trailer for my Chevy Malibu. I looked at all of the trailers and the timeout is the smallest but has the most space and tows very smooth and is very light and I don,t use anymore gas than normal,a great buy.My Malibu can,t carry more than 1000lbs including passengers,gear etc,including the trailer,so it is ideal for small and medium and large vehicles. Kiwi.

i used a timeout for a few years, towed with my smart, worked out well but now ive moved up to a coleman seapine. much nicer but im using my ranger to pull it.

Comment

I use vendor tents these tents are more beneficial in day today life.!

Comment

Originally posted by jdinflatables View Post
                I use vendor tents these tents are more beneficial in day today life.!

Whats a vendor tent ? Like the EZ UPs with no sides
                Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

To the OP, You'll have a very hard time trying to find a trailer that can be towed by a corolla... Inorder to find a pup light enough you'll have to go about 30-40 years old when they were basically a tent on wheels. In other words you have to sacrifice the ac, heater, fridge and the ability to sleep more then 4 people total...

Although the first question should be... How many people ?? Next question.. how much gear are you going to take along??? all of this is weight...

And to answer your question, 90% of people out there have no idea what their trailer weighs nor do they know their tow ratings...

Comment

Working...
                  X