Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in buying a pop up, but drive a Crown Vic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in buying a pop up, but drive a Crown Vic?

Hello everyone, I am new here and was wondering if its possible to tow a pop up camper in my 2003 Crown Vic? If so, what kind of hitch would I need to purchase?

Thanks

Your owner's manual should say what the car's tow limit's are - tounge weight and gross towed vehicle weight.
    Or call your Ford dealer - he can tell you.
    The hitch makers have their own websites, and will show the different types of hitchs, and will have a selection menu or search box for the vehicle make & model.
    Check with:
    Reese
    U-haul
    etrailer.com
    hiddenhitch.com

Google up 'trailer hitch' and you'll have plenty to choose from.

If you order one online, find a good local shop that does hitch installs to put it on - saves a LOT of hassle! Also, you'llneed the trailer light harness for your car - these days, it'll need to be compatible with the OBD-II wiring systems in modern cars, and their 'can-bus' system. It ain't just splicing in the red, yellow, green and brown wires anymore.
    I learned that with my minivan!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply! I will look into this down the road...still on a budget right now so the tent will be it for a while

Comment

Fieldsy, that's a big-block V8, definitely "check and verify" your tow ratings, but you should be fine up to and including a 20-foot TT.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
        X