No Scamper for the Bigdog.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Scamper for the Bigdog.......

Well, looks like my deal on the Scamp 13' TT fell thru. It's a 70-something produced trailer, but NEVER been titled. The only number we could find on it did not cross to anything Fla. DMV would accept - they insist on a valid VIN - thing is, Scamp did NOT use the current VIN format til the mid 80s!

Ah well, instead of fighting them (worse than "city hall!") I folded and told my buddy Bob to go ahead and take it to the hunt camp.

So, I am looking into getting a 4 or 5by 8 utility trailer, convert initially as an open MC hauler and later add a box and make it a camper/toy-hauler.

Looks like I will remain a tenter for awhile longer.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

That's music to my ears! Thanks for sharin!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
      That's music to my ears! Thanks for sharin!
      I have a friend who has one of those open trailers that he tows behind his Acura Integra, it has the same 4-bolt pattern that an Integra has so that makes carrying a spare easy! Besides carrying camping equipment and his motocross motorcycle, it has a fuel tank bolted to it and 12V pump built in so he can refill his bike or even his car. I'd really like to have one but it seems like it would be a bit small for enclosing. The lottery's coming up, so it won't be long! :cool:
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I have found a nice 5X10 open utility trailer at Lowes, already has the plywood floor. Drawing up plans now using ideas from the "Teardrop & Tiny Trailers" website. I'll build it as a jumbo Teardrop Toyhauler with the ramp as the backdoor, a hinged lift-up rear top panel for loading ease of the bike, and use 1/8" plywood skinning over foamcore and wood frame. It will be light-weight and rigid, and high enough to sit in a chair comfortably inside. Main access from side doors.
        I already have the deep cycle battery, power inverter and 20 lb. propane tank to use.

Comment

Next you'll be adding a TV and a roll-away cot! Sounds like you're on your way to use your Caravan alot more! I'm happy for ya, Lance!:D

Comment

WHOOHOO! Got my Utility Trailer today! 5X10 open with rear steel mesh ramp and a plank wood floor. Got the registration and tag too - I can tote some gear now! :D
            I will initially use it to carry the bike to meets and camp out in the van, or use my new Eureka tent.
            Later, it gets a 5' high box topper to transform into the "Jumbo Teardrop Toy Hauler"!

I am getting set up to do some serious traveling and camping this winter and onwards!

Don't worry, Reno - no TV, Microwave Oven or other extreme 'home comforts'......

Comment

That's a relief! Good luck! Take a few pics and share 'em!

Comment

Working...
              X