The Incredible Imploding pop-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Incredible Imploding pop-up

Just Picture it. Pulling out Pop-up from Kansas up to South Dakota for a week of Mount Rushmore, The Badlands, and the Black Hills and family fun.

Alas, that is no longer to be. At least the pop-up part. Went out to the storage lot today to find not one but two major problems. First, when I went up to air up a tire that was slightly low, I found that one of the lugbolts was lying on the ground. Apparently it had sheared off. Second, when we opened it up we found that the center support brace had failed. The trailer had many pockets of brownish black muck waiting for us in the inside canvas and various nooks and crannies.

We will still go on our trip, now just in a tent. The bigger decision is on what to do with the trailer. We had it insured, or so we thought - USAA seems to have conveniently dropped it. Eeek.

Somehow, you will rebound! Thanks for sharing. :(
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

A little TLC, and a LOT of Febreeze...... :D

If the company is still in business, try contacting them - they may have whatever parts you need to rebuild. Maybe some options you can 'upgrade' it to.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

It is a 2004 Coleman Niagra. Looks like Coleman is still in the trailer business (or back in it at least). They still even make the Niagra (though the layout is slightly different).

The canvas can either be cleaned or maybe replaced. What really worries me is the main roof support that it bent and no longer attached to the roof.

Comment

Working...
        X