Camper Shell problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camper Shell problem

I have my first (used) camper shell on my Toyota Tacoma and really enjoy using it but it has a problem.
    The sliding window in the front of the shell is VERY hard to operate. What can I do to make it slide easier?
    Thanks.

PS: I haven't put anything on it as I didn't want to do something that just might make it worse.

A little WD40 might do the trick.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

A good silicone-based dry-lube in spray can with the red tube applicator should work nicely - the lube dries but remains slick - doesn't attract grunge and is safe for rubber gaskets and trim.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I had a 92 truck like that. I could never get the topper's slider window to shut...a real PITA.

I took the topper of once to carry something really big. Before putting it back on I spray the heck out of that thing and cleaned out the sliders track's inside the topper. After that, I sprayed some graphite spray lube in there. It bonded with the aluminum tracks and worked like a charm after that. Good Luck.

Enjoy,
        JohnJohn
        ---------
        Forum Admin

Comment

Hey Beachbum,

All of the above ideas are good!
          Chuck
          So. Oregon
          TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
          TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
          SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

This is not on a camper shell but on our jayco trailer if it is not level side to side the sliding windows are harder then he*l to open. Don't know if that might make a difference for you or not but I thought I would put it out there.
            "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X