Motor Cycle tent trailers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Cycle tent trailers?

Well guys and gals it looks like I might actully get a vehicle that could possible tow a motorcycle camper trailer.

I'm thinking about getting this little baby, http://www.amazon.com/150cc-Street-M...ef=pd_sbs_sg_1

And I was wondering if it could pull one of those motorcycle campers?
    My cooking site!

you actually had me going for a minute. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by donnyonee View Post
      you actually had me going for a minute. :-)
      Well, I'm being serious Donny.

I'm planning on getting one those and a camping trailer, and I would like some input.
      My cooking site!

Comment

did i missread? i thought it says 36 mph?
        my larger timeout weighs 345 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by donnyonee View Post
          did i missread? i thought it says 36 mph?
          my larger timeout weighs 345 lbs.
          It does but all the roads here equal about 40-45 miles per hour in town, Some roads are 20-25 miles an hour so I will be just fine.

I know all the camping sites and most of the roads for the camping sites are roughly 40 miles an hour, I guess I could car camp.
          My cooking site!

Comment

150cc is mighty low-powered to be trying to tow anything. Even my KLR650 is really limited on the size and weight that it can handle. You would have an edge in braking, having those two front wheels, but the already limited speed would be even lower towing a load. Scooters are also VERY limited on off-pavement situations - they simply don't have the suspension for it. My scooter-riding buddies have a lot of trouble on dirt roads that are considered very smooth by us Dual Sport guys.
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Maybe have a look here.......

http://www.bf-specialties.com/

Comment

Motor Cycle tent trailers

the car is 1400 lbs from prochallange with driver and liquids 1600 lbs the 1200 motor we are building will give 400 hp when detuned relible hp at that do the maths= jet plane on wheels we are looking very hard to bring not 1 or 2 but 3 in nov if possible
                belarus wife

Comment

Re: Motor Cycle tent trailers

Here is what I pull behind my 2004 Goldwing, I still get 37 MPG and have a king size bed and AC at night. This is the best money I ever spent on camping.

http://www.trailmasterinc.com/aspcla...spclassic.html

Setup is less than 10 mins from stop to ready for bed. Has over 20 cubic feet of storage and an empty weight of just over 320 pounds, gives us 180 pounds that we can carry even at 500 pounds have tounge weight of 20 pounds.

Comment

Re: Motor Cycle tent trailers?

Hmm.. Well I see it says engine horsepower is 10.5 HP. That's about like a large lawnmower engine. Compare that to roughly 118HP you would get in a Goldwing 1800 for instance.

The trailer idea is nice, but I would be skeptical about that go-cart's ability to move you and a loaded trailer at any decent speed, and you might end up burning up your clutch really fast. You might be better served trailering the cart behind your car, and use it to zoom around the camp roads during your stay.
                    Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Re: Motor Cycle tent trailers

Originally posted by AUWing View Post
                      Here is what I pull behind my 2004 Goldwing, I still get 37 MPG and have a king size bed and AC at night. This is the best money I ever spent on camping.

http://www.trailmasterinc.com/aspcla...spclassic.html

Setup is less than 10 mins from stop to ready for bed. Has over 20 cubic feet of storage and an empty weight of just over 320 pounds, gives us 180 pounds that we can carry even at 500 pounds have tounge weight of 20 pounds.
                      wow this may be just what i need for my miata instead of packing a tent. How has the product held up over time??

Comment

Working...
                      X