Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I use for photos

Howdy,
    Choosing what software to use for the photos one takes is a very personal choice. I have in the the past used Photoshop Elements 5, then 6, then 7. I have also used CS2 and 3. But now for the last 6 months(ever since I joined camping forums) I'm using Picassa 3. That's it. Peace of mind whether I use a point and shoot or a more specific camera such as the Nikon D80 or the Cannon Rebel XTi 400D, I still use picassa 3. Just thought I'd share and let you know. Comments welcomed.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
    Howdy,
    Choosing what software to use for the photos one takes is a very personal choice. I have in the the past used Photoshop Elements 5, then 6, then 7. I have also used CS2 and 3. But now for the last 6 months(ever since I joined camping forums) I'm using Picassa 3. That's it. Peace of mind whether I use a point and shoot or a more specific camera such as the Nikon D80 or the Cannon Rebel XTi 400D, I still use picassa 3. Just thought I'd share and let you know. Comments welcomed.
    Hi VDF, I practicality use the same set as you and I use photoshop 5.0 one of my freinds sold me a legit copy back in 2008. Photoshop is very cool for bringing out the colors of nature.

But I may change to a nikon D-90 so I can take short films while on camping trips.
    My cooking site!

Comment

Howdy Chili Chef,
      Just because you might switch to a D-90 to shoot film, the D-90 is a DSLR so you won't be using film in that. Nikon quit making film cameras with the F6. I own the F5; N90S; 2- F2AS; Nikkormat FTB; an original Nikon F and about 25 lenses for film usage. In terms of digital, it's true I'm not well versed as I should be in digital nikon(I own a D80) and in terms of Cannon I own a few film 35mm and the EOS Rebel 400D for digital. My real love is shooting 4x5 film with my cambo field view and in studio(home) I use a Calumet 45D Mono-Rail View. I also have a Deardoff 11x17 panoramic view camera and for weddings I use a Mamiya RB67 and a RZ with five lenses there(both film cameras). I'm well versed in cameras...D90 is a good digital camera for shooting short moving digital movies. Camera schools are good for going over the basics of photography but in honing one's skills in photography the best way is to shoot, shoot, shoot and then shoot some more! Just thought I'd share.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
        Howdy Chili Chef,
        Just because you might switch to a D-90 to shoot film, the D-90 is a DSLR so you won't be using film in that. Nikon quit making film cameras with the F6. I own the F5; N90S; 2- F2AS; Nikkormat FTB; an original Nikon F and about 25 lenses for film usage. In terms of digital, it's true I'm not well versed as I should be in digital nikon(I own a D80) and in terms of Cannon I own a few film 35mm and the EOS Rebel 400D for digital. My real love is shooting 4x5 film with my cambo field view and in studio(home) I use a Calumet 45D Mono-Rail View. I also have a Deardoff 11x17 panoramic view camera and for weddings I use a Mamiya RB67 and a RZ with five lenses there(both film cameras). I'm well versed in cameras...D90 is a good digital camera for shooting short moving digital movies. Camera schools are good for going over the basics of photography but in honing one's skills in photography the best way is to shoot, shoot, shoot and then shoot some more! Just thought I'd share.
        Thanks VDF, I do know what a D-90 is, I have 2 D-SLR'S my self and I'm nto trying to be mean by any means.

Just saying I may switch to a D-90 when I start shooting semi pro, Since the D-90 can go to iso 1600 to 3200 I think "if I remember correctly"

Thank's for the post mate.
        My cooking site!

Comment

Working...
        X