Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegasdesertfox-Hideout

Howdy,
    Here is our hideout! Lake Mojave, Nevada Photo #1. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 03-30-2009, 05:21 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

as usual you capture good things with your camera. It must be difficult to return to the city
    Last edited by jpurdy; 03-31-2009, 06:13 PM.
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Nice spot! Is fishing legal there, when you are camping? How are the wind conditions coming in off the lake?
      Gotta love those sunsets!
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

VDF-Hideout

Howdy BD,
        Yes there is fishing. It is managed by Lake Mead National Recreation Area and so it is considered a National Park. Small mouth b**** crappie, strippers, channel catfish, brown & rainbow trout. When I fish I use flies and they work too, but it is seasonal because fish like birds migrate too. The wind always seems to blow on Lake Mojave. It is where the Santa Anna winds orginate that always give California such bad winds. Lake Mojave sits in a 60 mile long funnel with the Newberry and Fourth of July Mountains in Nevada at 3500' and the Black Mountains in Arizona at 3200'. When we are lucky enough and camp there between weather fronts, the lake is like glass and that happened on our last camping trip and we kayaked 14 miles without any wind whatsoever. It was special! We also discovered the Mexican Black-Caped Gnatcatcher living in our area too. The experts say that the bird only is seen in the southeastern corner of Arizona, but that is not true. I even have great photos to prove that too.
        The desert is in full spring bloom and I know you are having terrible weather where you are from. Someone has to live here, so I'm happy it is me! Thanks for your questions and I hope your weather changes quickly for you!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
        X