Hunting Camp 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting Camp 2013

Just wanted to post a few pic's of are five day camping trip for deer season.

No we didn't get any deer, but we did have a lot of fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0987.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	72659Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0979.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	72660Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0975.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	72661Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0977.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	72662Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0984.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	72663

Re: Hunting Camp 2013

Nice photos and great whitetail country! Thanks for sharing your trip...
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Definitely nice pics. Not enough snow for me for a winter trip, but considering we hit 70 some degrees today, I would love to see even that much.

Comment

It is hard to tell year from year how much snow we will have for the first day of buck season. Sometimes there is no snow and others to much snow. But it was not bad this year with just enough to see tracks, deer and still easy to walk through the snow.

Comment

I don't think anyone, even those so-called "certified meteorologists" can predict snow. We were supposed to have a light dusting of snow followed by rain yesterday. What we got was two days of snow and freezing rain. Everything is now snow and ice covered, in some places, 8 inches deep.

Looking at your pictures again, I'm wondering how long it takes to set up that tent. That thing is sweet! I could easily see living in that for a week or more!
          Last edited by MacGyver; 12-10-2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
            I don't think anyone, even those so-called "certified meteorologists" can predict snow. We were supposed to have a light dusting of snow followed by rain yesterday. What we got was two days of snow and freezing rain. Everything is now snow and ice covered, in some places, 8 inches deep.

Looking at your pictures again, I'm wondering how long it takes to set up that tent. That thing is sweet! I could easily see living in that for a week or more!
            My brother has that tent. I think he said he can set it up by himself less than 30 minutes.
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Jealous! Would love to hunt one year in the snow. We hunt the liquid snow in Florida with mosquitoes throughout the year (except for the occasional tail of cold snap whiffing by North Florida).

Comment

This year there was three of us and it took about 15 min. to set it up (that is the tent). It was about 30 min. to set up everything (the cot's, stove, tables, tent, ......)

We had two cot's, air mattress, stove, tables, a chair, a bin for firewood, and a few other things inside the tent.
                Last edited by Nickadeamus; 12-13-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Here in North Florida, we'll get a week of truly cold (20's or lower) weather, with a heavy (for us) frost and icing of water containers. Bugs are dead or lying low for the duration. Good time to camp, if you are set up for it. This occurs in mid January or early February. We can still get occasional dips below freezing into March.
                  Of course, northern Florida and central/southern Florida are two different worlds.
                  Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                  X