Autumn Camping in NW Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn Camping in NW Pennsylvania

I haven't been on the Forum for awhile and just don't have much time right now to spend on here but wanted to post a few pitchers of my last outing we had. A family member who was up here from Florida visiting and I went out for a 4 day 3 night camping trip in the Allegheny National Forest from 4 to the 7 of October. I can say that it was in the 30's (Fahrenheit) at night but as you can see in the pitchers we had a wood stove so it was warm in the tent. I also got a chance to do a little trout fishing.
    Attached Files

Re: Autumn Camping in NW Pennsylvania

Very nice! I love the red tree.

We were in camping in Ohio the weekend of the 19th. A bit brisk in the morning, but nice around the campfire at night.
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

That's not a tent, it's a house!
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

it can be cold out but with a wood burning stove it is nice in the tent. I do have a camping trip coming up ( camping/hunting) it will be from Nov. 30th to Dec. 6th and yes we will be in the tent or as some call it house lol

Comment

Put a solid wall up on one side and you could play handball in that thing!

Comment

Love the pics.....and that tent is quite large.....That tree with the red leaves is just beautiful.....What kind of tree is it?? Thanks for sharing & take care!!

Sent via iPad2
            2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

MacGyver,

Yes it is big but when it comes to hunting camp it is just about the right size. With 4 big men with Cot's, camping equipment for 6 or 7 days plus hunting equipment you need a big tent.

SpitzoMT,

It is Sugar Maple and is the main source of maple syrup around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickadeamus View Post
                MacGyver,

Yes it is big but when it comes to hunting camp it is just about the right size. With 4 big men with Cot's, camping equipment for 6 or 7 days plus hunting equipment you need a big tent.
                I hope you don't think I was knocking that tent - I would love to have something like that! Been doing a lot of prep work, looking for just the right stove come the day I get a cabin tent again. I like small and cozy tents, but standing room definitely has it's charm too!

Comment

Nope I didn't think that. I just thought I would explain why I got such a big tent and why I would like a bigger one LOL

Comment

We've used one before, an even larger MilSurplus (sans windows) canvas model to store household goods during construction - appreciating what it takes to erect one of them, naturally I'd pass for all but the most permanent campsites (and they are God-awful hot inside). That said, you've gotta' love 'em for their strength and quality.
                    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Beautiful pics. What more could you ask for?? You have the beautiful fall colors, blue sky, bagged trout, ant the Taj Mahal of tents. You could hold old time Baptist revivals in that tent complete with snake handling, piano playing, and Baptisms!

Fantastic!

Comment

I don't think snake handling or piano playing will happen but my cousin is a minister and I think I can get him to come out and Baptize people if I asked

tplife,

This tent is not canvas but a man made thick fabric and yes in the summer it can get hot inside even if you have both doors, the 4 windows and the 4 large side vents open. But I don't camp in the summer much. I camp in the spring, fall, and winter. As far as places I camp, I never go to campgrounds anymore. This area I live in now has all types of places I can put this large tent up and it only takes me 30 min. to pitch myself. I just can't hike back in the woods with it, but we have logging roads I can drive down and camp without seeing anyone the whole time I am out there.

Comment

The red leaves are amazing!
                          Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X