Autumn Canoe Camping in Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn Canoe Camping in Wisconsin

I just returned from canoe camping in Northern Wisconsin. It is a magnificently beautiful time of year with the autumn colors in their full majesty.

There are no mosquitoes or flies to contend with, but the temperatures can get pretty chilly especially at night.

The panfish fishing slows down, but the preditors like Musky, Northern, B**** and Walleye picks up a bit if you know how to tease them into biting. Some folks were hauling out 45" Musky.

Northern Wisconsin has many canoe/boat-access-only campsites. Canoe-access camping is a unique and magical experience.

In these photos, you will see my dog and I with our loaded canoe on the lake heading for camp, canoe sunrise on the lake, and our campsite.

You will note the big brown box in the campsite photo. These are bear boxes provided by the state for food storage.
    Attached Files

Re: Autumn Canoe Camping in Wisconsin

Mike,
    Great looking dog. I agree about everything you said. Our fall canoe trip was on the Sacramento River, CA. Camping on sand bars with salmon fishing. It is likely to become an annual trip. It spoils backpackers and is like deluxe camping.

I have fished only a few times in the North Woods. Please tell us more about 45" Muskies. Makes me want to drink a Linnekugles.

Comment

Working...
    X