Carpet Of Flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet Of Flowers

Last summer we stayed at Fish Lake in the Wallowa mountains of eastern Oregon for 2 nights because the locals said the fishing was great. We never caught a single trout.

However, the flowers were amazing. A forest fire ripped through the areas a few years ago and created some very fertile soil. I have never seen such an amazing display of flowers. It looked like a carpet. One of the nearby campers told me of the flowers. The following morning, I donned my running shoes and went for an hour long run through valleys carpeted with most beautiful flowers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1018 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	72592Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1020 (1).jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	72593Click image for larger version

Name:	P8110055.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	72594Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1021.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	72595
    Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
    sigpic

Re: Carpet Of Flowers

Beautiful!!

Comment

Ditto to what Rose said! Very nice!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks for the comments. This place was really beautiful. The campsites cost about $3 a night. Every site was secluded with a view of the lake. There was a natural spring flowing into the lake that we used for our fresh water source. This is one of those places where I could spend the entire summer relaxing at.

I made a Youtube Video slide show of the flowers-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksXTm16LBQE.

One of the bonuses of this campsite was easy access to picking wild huckleberries. You really have to know where to look. You can be in a car driving by thousands of bushes and just thinking they are ordinary bushes. We got good at finding and picking wild huckleberries. I bring a GPS and start looking when I am at 5,000 feet elevation.

We picked several gallons of these delicious berries last summer. Wild blue berries like to grow in areas that have been strip logged.

Name:	IMG_1394.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	69724

Name:	IMG_1065 (1).jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	69725
        Attached Files
        Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X