Vintage Camp Stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Camp Stove

Check out this campstove that my brother-in-law found at a yard sale.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cs3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	72575Click image for larger version

Name:	cs1.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	72574Click image for larger version

Name:	cs2.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	72573Click image for larger version

Name:	cs4.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	72572

Name:	cs5.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	72571
    Last edited by rose; 04-14-2013, 09:52 AM.

Re: Vintage Camp Stove

Now that is cool!

Comment

Very cool old stove!

I found a Coleman from the 20's I believe (model No 1 or 2) at an auction. It works great.

Comment

Old stuff perform really good. Now the stuff is only looks but not the works.

Comment

I too am a fan of "classic gear (as long as it works).
          I remember may items back in the stone age that didn't work well; those that are still around usually have proven their utility and reliability .
          (my favorite old gear is my super reliable Svea 123R stove, based on a design from the late 1800's).

Enjoy!

edit; sorry no pic,; its too grungy to be photogenic...
          Last edited by Happy Joe; 05-31-2021, 07:46 AM.
          2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
          For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
          Ground tents work best for me, so far.
          Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Real nice find, especially in that condition. I have a small 2 burner version of that stove. I would not use that one, if you want to keep the value up.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post

I too am a fan of "classic gear (as long as it works).
              I remember may items back in the stone age that didn't work well; those that are still around usually have proven their utility and reliability .
              (my favorite old gear is my super reliable Svea 123R stove, based on a design from the late 1800's).

Enjoy!

edit; sorry no pic,; its too grungy to be photogenic...

Name:	dsc_0001.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	81262
              Like this one? They are truly gorgeous

Comment

Yep! mine looked like that ; ~ 40 years; and many miles ago...

Enjoy!

(Edit); i should probably clean it up with Brasso then take and save a pic of it; but it resides now in long term storage... should probably move it to the museum shelf (if I can find room)...
                Last edited by Happy Joe; 07-09-2021, 06:23 AM.
                2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it!
                    i have many projects on the burners right now (including a bath room and porch/kitchen wall re-hab) so don't expect a cleaned up stove pic soon...

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by spoink47 View Post

Name:	dsc_0001.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	81262
                      Like this one? They are truly gorgeous
                      Those stoves indeed have smth magical about them

Comment

Originally posted by SarahSimm View Post

Those stoves indeed have some thing magical about them
                        (Note; fixed it for you)

I agree! carried it hiking the vehicle camping for many decades; it outlived generations of lesser stoves; I am absolutely confident that If i got it out today (after several years of non-use) it would fire up and run flawlessly.

Its biggest problem is/was that it is very tippy (especially when heating a 5 or 6 cup percolator for morning coffee).
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	morning coffee labor day 2016 DSCF0249 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	81327

I replaced it with a single burner propane stove to make packing in with the other kitchen gear somewhat easier, cooking with propane might be a bit easier/quicker; but doesn't have the same ambience/feeling... I find myself missing the putt, putt sputter of the old Svea.

Enjoy!
                        Last edited by Happy Joe; 07-20-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X