Camp Gear: What-do-ya-have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Gear: What-do-ya-have?

Everyone has camp gear that camps, even RVers don't stay in their RV's either unless they're allergic to mother nature. If you have camp gear and would like to share, here's a new thread that is just itching to be replied too! Your camp gear could be old or new, if it's older gear than you no longer use, that's okay too. Just share a little paragraph about your item(s); adding a website where you purchased it would also be helpful but not necessary. Good or bad items accepted too. You can be as detailed as you want to be or not! You don't have to use a fancy background or fancy lighting tricks unless you want to. The idea is to share what one has and have fun! One never knows when a good conversation will start! Usually in a photographic gallery everyone whispers or no talking is allowed. Not here, it is the only form of communication we have, I just ask that there be no insults dealt and that everyone treats everyone with respect!

Here, I'll start:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Another-Oven-View.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	72568
    This is our newest camping item it is a Camp Chef Oven with dual stovetop burners. Now my wife who loves to cook both at home or when camping can cook anything even fresh bread from scratch! Details are: http://www.campchef.com/stoves/porta...camp-oven.html .Ours is just over a year old and still works like a champ. We have the zippered case too and packing it is a breeze. It is a little bulky, but this has forced us to slim down how many folding chairs we take. We use to take 9(nine) folding chairs(2 for the campfire, 2 for inside the tent, 2 for our folding eating table, 2 folding stools for bird watching and 1 folding lounge chair for daytime naps)! Now it is just 2 folding chairs & 2 folding stools! And she still let's me barbecue the meat & fish my way!

Notice that I used CampingForums add an attachment feature, to see a larger image of this thumbnail just move your cursor over the image and click. A larger image will appear. If you want to use a third-party, photo sharing site that is also accepted. Thanks for looking! So let's see what camping gear you got?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Camp Gear: What-do-ya-have?

sorry for the big pics,
    copied from the web

my cooking grill is similar to this
    small and light, fits flat in the pack

for water i use this hand pump filter, not a fan of carrying lots of water when hiking

Comment

Tain't nothin ever wrong with big(huge) pics!! Easier to see the item(s) chosen! Thanks for posting these! Katadyn water filter is a very good item to have! Do you know how many ounces your filtration weighs? Now that I'm finally walking again(3 miles every day) I think I shall carry....err, I mean start packing mine on day hikes. Mine though is a Platypus, but I'm real interested in yours!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Never weighed it,
        A rough estimate would be 8-10 oz range?
        Compact , about the size of a soda can. With tubing wrapped around it.
        Much smaller and lighter than carrying the water itself.
        I have spoken with katadyn directly to see if it can handle my swamp water.
        After a brief description and convo. They assured me its fine even on old stagnant water, they just recomend I watch the pre-filter carefully when using such a water source. So I try to catch the water from the middle and not stir up the sediment.
        Each replacement filter lasts about 100 litres, depending on source.
        And while its a plastic pump, and prone to failure, I have had mine for about 7 years and haven't had a problem.
        I do try to rinse it and dry after every trip.

Comment

I am preferring filter bottles. I camped with a buddy once, and had my pump-style water filter. Got my feet wet in a cold stream trying to filter the water into my canteens.
          He showed me his set-up - a filter bottle that he has a length of paracord attached to, he lowers the bottle into the water from the bridge and lets it fill. Then pulls it up, and fills one canteen. Repeat as necessary! Clean and neat. Easier on a 56 year old 'bad' back too - no stooping.
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

yea, not always the easiest to lean over and get the water from the clean spot,
            right on the edge of shore is not always spot i want,
            what i like about pump filter, is finer filter, i believe .2 or .3 microns which filters protozoa and bacteria.
            combined with a prefilter for heavier sediments, can filter out much nastier water sources.
            when i was looking several years ago, bottle filters didnt come with such fine micron filters,
            but see thats not the case now, looks like can get very low micron water bottles at the $40-$60 price range,
            sawyer even sells one claiming 0 contaminants and million gallon guarantee on the filter

Comment

Name:	Another-Oven-View.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	72568
              http://www.campchef.com/stoves/porta...camp-oven.html .

I just picked up one of these! I'll be using it for our next camping trip. My only concern is now the family will expect me to cook everything and anything at anytime. I guess I didn't think it through:(

Comment

Picked up one of these at a thrift store. When I camp, I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I want. No need for a clock. But, I do need to know when to go back to work.

http://s439956910.onlinehome.us/DayC...lassic-oak.jpg
                - Laura
                Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by ceomom703 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]3986[/ATTACH]

I just picked up one of these! I'll be using it for our next camping trip. My only concern is now the family will expect me to cook everything and anything at anytime. I guess I didn't think it through:(
                  Never really saw the use for one of those, when a Dutch oven will work just fine. But if you enjoy it, that's what counts.
                  Nights camped in 2019: 24
                  Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by ceomom703 View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3986[/ATTACH]

Does this mean ya starve 'em into Biafra when ya don't feel like cooking?:D.

Nice looking all in one unit; do let us know how ya feel about it after a field run .
                    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

We bought a wood burning StoveTek last fall. It fires up fast and does an amazing job at cooking. I can control the heat with the bottom door. The fuel is always free as long as you can pick a few small twigs or pieces of wood.

http://youtu.be/xhFTTM95CnA

Name:	IMG_2766.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	69719

Name:	IMG_2767.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	69718
                      Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X