Campsite Photos Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

You camp where you wanna and I will camp where I wanna!

Personally, when campsites are close to one-another, I try to find a thicket and pitch my tent there! Got a problem with that?
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-15-2013, 05:42 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Marion who? Been snippin on something harder than coffee! There is a grand lake in Nor-Carolina by that name! Been thar once and caught too many fish, had ta throw many back, back in 1978...maybe the laws been changed, met a girl then too...oh yeah she became my wife! That was the lake I met my beloved bride upon!

She was fishin and her line became entangled. I happened by, offered help & she friggin tamed me! Thar ain't nothin like a southern gal to tame a rebel!
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-15-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I still have nightmares about some old guy in a thicket, pitchin' his tent. :eek:
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Hahahahahahaha!

Comment

Define "thicket". Please..

Comment

Ren I guess I did not explain my question very well. I was not asking about your tent I was asking about the shelter you have over your picnic table and cooking equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                You camp where you wanna and I will camp where I wanna!

Personally, when campsites are close to one-another, I try to find a thicket and pitch my tent there! Got a problem with that?
                Ha ha. OK it's a deal. The reason I am asking is just to understand the type of camping typical in other parts of the country

Comment

No worries, Mike! Out west there are wild things like tall mountains with streams running through narrow canyons, where it's wide enough you'll usually find campgrounds. Some CG put campsites almost right on top of one another and can become crowded in short order. The campsite we had over Mother's Day Weekend was the furthest from anyone and had a spacious feel, but pitching the tent in that open area gave no shade during the heat of the day. The rain-fly of that Pahaque Tent is really of no use because it only covers the top of the tent and 1/3 of the top of the side-walls so I try hard to pitch-it in a tight space so that we'll have shade during the day and protection from wind. But I know Wisconsin has some fairly rugged landscape as well, the hills of upper Wisconsin are much more like mountains especially around the St. Croix river! Thanks for askin!

Comment

Originally posted by firebunkers23 View Post
                    Ren I guess I did not explain my question very well. I was not asking about your tent I was asking about the shelter you have over your picnic table and cooking equipment?
                    I would like to know as well!
                    Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
                    - Unknown

Comment

The tent is a 9x12' Kodiak Cabin Wall Tent w/attached screen vestibule 9x8'. The shelter is a Shade-house by Kelty. The cookware is mostly Lodge Cast Iron pots, bread pans, fryin pans. Also are various tarps from 12x30', 8x10, 5x7 & 30x30 these are not shown which I pitch when there is rain predicted. Welcome to the forum! Pull up a log and stay awhile! There is always room by the campfire!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Pull up a log and stay awhile! There is always room by the campfire!
                        Why, thank you! I believe I'll do just that! :D

I joined last year but never posted. Who knows why -- with me, I try not to ask. :o
                        Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
                        - Unknown

Comment

The tent is a 9x12' Kodiak Cabin Wall Tent w/attached screen vestibule 9x8'. The shelter is a Shade-house by Kelty. The cookware is mostly Lodge Cast Iron pots, bread pans, fryin pans. Also are various tarps from 12x30', 8x10, 5x7 & 30x30 these are not shown which I pitch when there is rain predicted. Welcome to the forum! Pull up a log and stay awhile! There is always room by the campfire!
                          Thought it looked familiar. I bought the Sunshade for shorter trips.

The 2 room Paha Que? What are your impressions of it? Does the room separator zip into the floor or is it unattached at the bottom?
                          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Been using that same Shade-house going on 5 years. The PahaQue 3 season tent. Hmmmmm.....We don't use the room divider; it doesn't attach at the floor only attaches by small breakable clips. One can't use the large meshed cargo-net that claims it'll with-stand up to sixty lb load. With the room divider each room measures 6x5' which is very confining. The mesh windows are large, but only zip on either side of each window, not the top; the top of each window attaches with Velcro patches. During a rain of any size, moisture will wick inside if anything is touching the side walls but that is just the way it is with cheaply made nylon tents. I didn't apply seam-sealer the first year because PaHaQue states that the tent was seam-sealed at the factory. The last campout we seam-sealed it but like I said it didn't rain, but now it's ready to go for our next campout. It only takes two people to pitch it in about ten minutes, 15 minutes for me to pitch. For us it's a useable summer tent and it's nothing like our "fancy-pants" Kodiak! The rain-fly has a built-in awning which if extended provides a small 5x8" porch to place a chair. The zippers though are very sturdy metal zippers, But w/o the divider the tent is very spacious. Plenty of room for two adults, a folding table 3x3', two folding chairs, our packs of personal items, our medium sized puppy(German-Sheppard & Rottweiler mix), His bed, our queen air-mattress and the military style sleeping pads which cover the entire interior floor. There is still room for the Big Buddy Heater(if we need it). The rain fly doesn't provide full coverage, so I tarp it too when I have too. The last campout 5-12-13 we had no rain for the 3 night/4day stay. I wouldn't recommend this tent to anyone. The people at PahaQue asked me to test this tent back in 2012 when it first came out(sent to me for free). They did not like my review and they haven't used it. But I have kept the tent now it's my 6th keepable 3-season tent. And I always bring 2 tents just in case the desired campsite can't be found - it's called CYA!
                            Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-26-2013, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HogSnapper
                              gotta love that username - havetentwilltravel - that's gotta be the best so far.
                              HA thanks! It's my philosophy. :cool:
                              - Unknown

Comment

I sure like the size of your tent. My father had a huge 10 person Sears canvas tent that kept us all warm and dry when it rained on camping trips in Minnesota. It seemed like we had more rainy days than sunny days. We set tables and chairs up inside. We ate inside when the mosquitoes were bad-they were always bad unless it was snowing.
                                Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X