Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

Originally posted by James. View Post
    I would LOVE to spend Fathers Day camping with the family but since I am just the step father to my only daughter I take a back seat to her birth father.

He is a good dad (mostly) so I can't complain too much.
    Your day will come.
    The man is the Princess' step grandfather and thinks manna falls from her every utterance. Not sure how he made this far because DGD's father was a real hellion at times.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

This is campsite 315, on the Pittsburg side, of Pomme De Terre State Park, in Missouri.. My wife and I, and a group of friends, make this a yearly event. We look forward to it all year! it wouldn't be the same without Ollie.. the campin cat

Click image for larger version

Name:	11215818_10153018530091076_4255388569543208163_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	70536Click image for larger version

Name:	12049243_10153018530161076_8773117549139352275_n.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	70537Click image for larger version

Name:	12063687_10153018530431076_2006338066866354892_n.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	70538Click image for larger version

Name:	1654268_10152320001836076_3906615831215295863_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	70539Click image for larger version

Name:	1904258_10152320001591076_1547739029886216786_n.jpg
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	70540

Comment

After last weekend's campout with my son, my wife joined us for a 3 nighter at Oaubache State Park IN. Mid-week and we were basically alone on our section of the campground. Thursday morning at 2:00 am we took shelter for a tornado warning (a small tornado did touch down less than 2 miles from the campground). The rangers came around several times before the storm struck recommending everyone pay attn to the weather..and then later...take shelter. When we entered the shelter, several of the other campers said "are you the tenters?". lol...they were worried about us (out of about 20 campers, we were the only tent folks). After the storm passed, we went back to the tents and slept til 10 am. I did take down the Noah's 16 tarp since I was expecting severe storm/high winds that night so I'm not sure how it would have done in the winds we received (50+mph). The tents held fine and dry during the storm.

Actually, this was a great trip and then add in memories of "the storm". My son had "the best fishing trip ever!!!" (he killed me in the caught totals-lol). So...yea, a great trip.

Name:	20160623_202504_zps6x2blqrm.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	70545 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160622_092658_zpseageywks (2).jpg
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	70544
        Last edited by a65hoosier; 06-26-2016, 05:41 AM.
        2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
        Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
        Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
        Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Wow, the tent campers would be the ones I worried about least - they could hunker down into the restrooms, etc. and only lose a tent. The rest were potentially losing $20K+ worth of RV - guess they didn't get the message about mobile homes and tornadoes...

Glad it was a great trip and congrats to the kid for beating out his ole' man!
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
            Wow, the tent campers would be the ones I worried about least - they could hunker down into the restrooms, etc. and only lose a tent. The rest were potentially losing $20K+ worth of RV - guess they didn't get the message about mobile homes and tornadoes...

Glad it was a great trip and congrats to the kid for beating out his ole' man!
            Thanks toedtoes. I think the RVer's were worried that we (the only tenters) hadn't shown up in the shelter yet. Based on the size of the crowd and the number of folks camping, most everyone was already in the shelter when we showed up like wet refugees. We were some of the last to arrive just before the storm really picked up (we hung out in the SUV at the campsite listening to the weather reports-when it switched from a watch to a tornado warning and listed our town in the path-we beelined it for the shelter).

And I am sure they were worried about their RV's being damaged (some of the RV's were the huge ones...so $20k is a low number). Heck....I was more worried about our SUV getting pounded by hail than I was losing tents/camping gear.

All good. No damage or injury. Just some camping excitement.
            Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
            Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
            Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

This is a photo from 2014 taken from our campsite on the Greenbrier River in West Virginia. Today, this campground is underwater and the entire area is damaged and destroyed. Please keep everyone in the community in your thoughts.
              Attached Files
              - Laura
              Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by jpwdaw97 View Post
                This is campsite 315, on the Pittsburg side, of Pomme De Terre State Park, in Missouri.. My wife and I, and a group of friends, make this a yearly event. We look forward to it all year! it wouldn't be the same without Ollie.. the campin cat

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5598[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5599[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5600[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5601[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5602[/ATTACH]

Ollie's a good lookin' camping cat. I remember as a kid going camping with our siamese. The morning we were supposed to leave, he decided to escape and climb a tree - took my dad about half a day to get him down. From then on: NO CAT GOES CAMPING!!!

Of course, then there was the time our deaf cat, BooBoo, decided to come along. Thank goodness we stopped to get gas in town - BooBoo had fallen asleep on the roof of the truck camper and my dad just happened to see him when we stopped for gas. It would have been a 3+ hour drive up there for him.
                “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
                  This is a photo from 2014 taken from our campsite on the Greenbrier River in West Virginia. Today, this campground is underwater and the entire area is damaged and destroyed. Please keep everyone in the community in your thoughts.
                  I've spent some time in that part of your fine state of WV. I'm sorry actad, it's devastating to see the pictures. Unfortunately, the rugged terrain just can't handle 10 inches of concentrated rain (although I'm not sure any area would fare very well in the same situation). All of the small mountain creeks and rivers just quickly turn into monsters. My thoughts go out to you all...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jpwdaw97 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5598[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5599[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5600[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5601[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5602[/ATTACH]
                    Luverly and well organised setup and why colour coordinated bedding that matches the season's colors too!
                    Sooo glad I'm not alone doing that:he:.
                    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Name:	anpe.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	70549 Finally made a camping trip happen. Seawall campground in Acadia National Park . One is supposed to make sure tents fiton pad, they did, just a little tight

Comment

Originally posted by hickory View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5614[/ATTACH] Finally made a camping trip happen. Seawall campground in Acadia National Park . One is supposed to make sure tents fiton pad, they did, just a little tight
                        I assume it was a good trip?
                        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                        – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                          I assume it was a good trip?
                          It was a great trip (Although cut short by 5 days due to medical thing that came up and I felt needed to be checked out at home) . This was actually my wife's first real camping trip and it worked out well with just a little rain on a couple afternoons.

Name:	anp4.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	70550Click image for larger version

Name:	anp7.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	70551Click image for larger version

Name:	anpf.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	70552

Comment

Originally posted by hickory View Post
                            It was a great trip (Although cut short by 5 days due to medical thing that came up and I felt needed to be checked out at home) . This was actually my wife's first real camping trip and it worked out well with just a little rain on a couple afternoons.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5615[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5616[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5617[/ATTACH]
                            Nice pics and trip report hickory! Happy to hear the spouse's first camp trip worked out well. Time to plan another trip?.....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
                              Nice pics and trip report hickory! Happy to hear the spouse's first camp trip worked out well. Time to plan another trip?.....
                              For sure. We are retired to can go somewhere on a whim (after weather check to keep less then great experiences at bay ) . After Labor day and during week Our Connecticut beaches may be good spot if we don't try somewhere else prior.

Comment

Wow!!! So cool!:yipi:

Comment

Working...
                                X