Are latest outing in North West Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are latest outing in North West Pennsylvania

Here are a few pic’s of are latest outing.

We had to take the small care again but everything fits.

We hiked about 6 miles from base camp every day. ( 3 miles out, 3 miles back )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nickadeamus; 05-23-2012, 08:40 PM.

Re: Are latest outing in North West Pennsylvania

We explored a few caves
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0604.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	69515Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0614.jpg
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	69516
    and enjoyed great food
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0617.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	69517

Comment

Nice, I need to take a hike from my house to a nearby conservation area for a night or two. About a fiva and a half mile hike to get there. mostly along a two lane road (watch out for cars) Ill have to take water too. (wieght) mabee just one night. lol I need to condition myself for it too. rucking a 40 lb pack is tough. ok im rambling again (bad habit) bye.

Comment

Sorry I meant 3 mile out and 3 miles back but there was a hike that was a total of about 7 ½ miles. As you can see I am a big guy and a year ago I had a lot of medical problems. So I started to get out there and walk and hike in the great outdoors. I have lost 50 pounds, don’t have to take diabetes meds anymore, my cholesterol has dropped way down and my back is getting stronger with less back pain. I do carry a small pack that is a Camelbak and when you add the weight of the water then the stuff I like to have on me out on the trail it is not light. But I am not taking a big pack because I car camp with my large tent and cot. One of the hills we had to walk up took me forever last year with more than 20 rest stops on the way up. This year I climbed it with no rest stops and was ready for more.

Comment

Working...
        X