Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to photograpy.

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
    Welcome beemerchef to our humble forum! The Adobe Lightroom program that you have referred to is put out by the same company that has CS5(creative suite 5) but is a lot easier to use and costs a lot less. I do have the full blown version of cs5 and am happy with it, but that is because I'm a retired pro-photog and it can do many marvelous things that Lightroom can't. For the average joe "lightroom" may even be too much of a program to use. Personally, I think you may be cutting out some photographic opportunities by not changing lenses when you're out camping. Delkin Devices has a small neat package that works either in the field or at home for cleaning dust off of a camera's sensor and always goes with, in my vehicle whenever I'm out. Use to carry over 6 lenses at a time but now it's usually only two. Canon EF-S 10-17mm and Tamron's 18-270mm mounted for Canon 50D and EOS3 that I use. Also I'll carry a point-n-shoot if the trail involves free scrambling over rocky terrain. Anyway, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum! btw: I also use to chat on another site desert something and I ran into a user with the same user name. Always enjoyed his read! Thanks for taking the trouble to chat about campin!
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I am not by far a Pro... I don't even call myself a Photographer!... often I am asked if I am considering the size of the camera which is too funny!!! I just take photos and I always call my "Photoshop" my "patience"... I understand what you mean and if we had a Home maybe that would be the route I would go. I know there is magic that can be done with such Software, I however wait for Mother Nature to do her magic! I am down to a Mark II and a 16~35 not by choice but because I had to sell everything. No biggie! My Life depended on it this past summer... One does what they have to do, gladly. I like wide angles and that lens fulfills my needs even though at times a long lens would be nice. I had some bad personal experiences with dust... we eat, drink, breath dust 24/7/365! I would send the camera out to be cleaned if I had to which is what I end up doing... I have even tried the see through bags...
    Thanks for you input... and looking forward to reading some more of all contents and sharing knowledge which is what this is all about...
    Be well... Ara and Spirit

Comment

Working...
    X