My 2011 Camping Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2011 Camping Pics

Testing ... 1st time posting a pic. ... ok, it looks like I have a thumbnail. I'm not sure how to get the whole pic posted, I'll experiment more.

This is sunrise at Patapsco Valley State Park, after raining all nite.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GlitterHiker; 05-26-2011, 04:56 PM. Reason: updated comment
    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Re: My 2011 Camping Pics

Sunset at Codorus State Park, PA. May, 2011

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunset.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	69290

Comment

It's starting out beauteously and the thumbnails open bigger when you click on 'em.
      I'm waiting to see the rest of your nature views.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
        It's starting out beauteously and the thumbnails open bigger when you click on 'em.
        I'm waiting to see the rest of your nature views.
        Thank you! I'll do one or two more tonite.

Comment

This was my first outing this year; and the first time I went "winter camping". Day temps were in the 40s. Night got to 27 degrees. I was the only tent camper. There weren't many people around. It was a bit freaky.

Bull Run, near Manassas, Virginia, February 2011
          My campsite (rather bare and brown in the winter); and I think I got the moon and sunrise from almost the same spot.

Name:	My Campsite.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	69292 Click image for larger version

Name:	Moon.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	69291 Click image for larger version

Name:	Winter SunRise2.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	69293

Comment

Outing #2
            Maple Tree campground, near Harper's Ferry (MD/VA/WV); February, 2011

This is a private campground about 1/4 mile from the Appalachian Trail. There was only one other tent camper - also a solo female! About 8:00pm the first night, the wind starting howling - it sounded like freight trains going right past my tent. That was a bit unnerving, considering I was right in the middle of all these trees.

The pic of my campsite is taken from where my car was parked. I got good exercise trekking back & forth up the side of the hill.

On this trip, I went hiking on the Appalachian Trail one day, and bike riding on the C&O Canal on the other day.

Name:	Campsite.jpg
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	69295 Click image for larger version

Name:	AT1.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	69294 Click image for larger version

Name:	C&O1.jpg
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	69296

Comment

Excellent photos Glitterh.....happy that you finally got some photos up!!!!! Looks like a really nice place! Thanks for sharing, it'll be great seeing more too, looking through the earlier posts in this thread every photo has it's own story and you've filled in the details wonderfully! I really like the photo of your tent!

Also once you get your technique down, perhaps you could fill us in with what you did to get your pics up on this site....if it differs from my technique. We can all learn from one another.
              Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-27-2011, 06:12 AM.
              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post

Also once you get your technique down, perhaps you could fill us in with what you did to get your pics up on this site....if it differs from my technique. We can all learn from one another.
                I'll do that. I'll try some now, and will take notes on what I'm doing.

Comment

They look good, thanks for sharing.
                  Los Cuernos Ranch on Facebook

Comment

Outing #3

Cape Henlopen State Park, on the coast of Delaware; March 2011

I absolutely love camping at this park! I think it's so beautiful. And there's nothing like sleeping on a soft sand dune with the smell of pine needles. Best night's sleep in the world.

This was supposed to be the kick-off to my camping season; that is, until I got enamored with trying out winter camping and went on those two trips in February.

On this outing, the weather was pretty chilly, with brisk winds. You can see people on the beach still wearing their winter overcoats. One day, I biked the rail/trail from Lewes, Delaware to Rehoboth. Anyone familiar with the area knows that the main roads are clogged with traffic congestion and shopping outlets. The rail/trail is a little gem, going past farms, marshes, and through wooded areas -- completely bypassing outlet-insanity.

Name:	Inlet.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	69299 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunrise at the Ocean.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	69298 Click image for larger version

Name:	Beach.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	69300 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike Trail.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	69297

Below is pic of the Cape Henlopen campground; so you can see the sand dunes and the pine trees. oops ... Trying to include a pic of my campsite, but something didn't work.

Name:	Campground.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	69301

Comment

Second attempt worked ... I think maybe all the photos above took up too much file space. When I tried this photo alone, the process worked.

My campsite at Cape Henlopen, from last Thanksgiving. This is why I love that park so much.

Name:	My Campsite.jpg
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	69302

Comment

Here's how I uploaded the photos. I hope this helps someone. It seems complicated, but it isn't; just a series of steps. I did absolutely no editing.

I'm on a MacBook Pro. (But don't let the name fool you - I am technically illiterate and have no idea what I'm doing.)
                        I'm on OS X (10.4.11); using iPhoto 6. (I have not upgraded to iLife 11 even though it's been out for two years ...)

On my computer:
                        In iPhoto, I click on thumbnail of the photo. In the menu bar, select from the top menu: "File", then "Export"

In the pop-up window, I keep the default settings:
                        File Export
                        Format: original
                        Full-size images
                        I select export

I get another window, where I can name my photo and select where I'll save it on my hard drive. I click "OK" and it exports to my hard drive.

Posting the pic on this forum:
                        On the forum here, once I'm ready to type a post, I select "Go Advanced" (the button is below the box where you type in your message)

Underneath the box where you type in your message, click on "Manage Attachments"

A pop-up window opens. It's titled: "File Upload Manager".

Select "Add Files" (the button is at the top right).

Now I get an additional window titled "Upload Files From Your Computer" and I click on the button "Select Files".

That gives a pop-up window where I can browse through my hard drive. I click on the photos I want and click "Select". The names of the photos magically appear in that "Upload Files From Your Computer" window.

Click the button "Upload Files" and wait while they upload. A blue line shows the progress.

Now, a little image of each photo magically appears in the "Attachments" box of the "File Upload Manager".

Select "Insert Online". The photos get inserted into your post. Be sure you have your cursor where you want the photos to go. You'll see a list of numbers in your post, but once you choose "preview post", then you can see the photos.

Comment

"Trying to include a pic of my campsite, but something didn't work."

GH...there is a control built in to the web server on this site that only allows a total of 5(five) images per new post to be displayed at a time. There is no way to over ride the system, I've tried. When a campateer responds to a post and wants to include images. The total number of images allowed is also five. If one uses the smileys after commenting those smileys are considered images and a person may only use a total of four smileys per post. Hope this helps you understand the web-sites short-comings. Again your photos are great! Love seeing your camping trips especially from the east coast.:cool:
                          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

wow... lovely place for camping... thanks for sharing...
                            http://natawijaya-photography.blogspot.com
                            http://natawijaya-journey.blogspot.com

Comment

This is our first time out this year. We camped at Chain O Lakes State Park. The second picture is from last fall.
                              I forgot the camera when we went hiking this time.

Name:	First Trip 2011.jpg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	69336Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	69337

Comment

Working...
                              X