• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machu Picchu

Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
    USMC Retired
    Scout/Sniper

Very nice shots! I lived in Peru for three months and was lucky enough to visit Machu Picchu. Did you do the Inca Trail? That is my goal for next time...just the 3 day trip, the 5 day sounds hardcore!!

fable

Comment

I'd love to go there someday, Thanks for sharing with us.

Comment

Nice! I owned a house in Calle Lince in Lima for a time, but it was too dangerous for gringos to travel the country then (Chi-com terrorism in the late '80s). I did get to experience the outskirts of Lima, which included Inca ruins and a pachamanca. Totally breathtaking, I miss it still even over 20 years later. Machu Pichu will always be there for next time, it's been safe to travel there for many years now.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Great photos Rich! Thanks for sharing!!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
          X