Water Water Every Where!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Water Every Where!

A month ago I started a thread about water purification system and that we purchased a Platypus Gravity Feed Station. Well here it is in working order.

All we did was scoop panfuls of water from Goose Lake(nasty lookin sometimes) into the plastic dirty tank and then we hung the clean plastic tank below the dirty tank and the water ran through some tubing and filter. It was 1 liter of dirty water filtered in 2 1/2 minutes into clean. That's it! We had plenty of room and less weight from packing in our own water, because none was provided at the campsite we stayed at! We drank it, cooked with it, I took all my meds with it. I even chased a little bourbon with it and I'm here to tell ya! If you camp without water, now it's no problem!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Brand? Where did you get it? Great toy!

Would have liked to put up pics of what I did over 4th weekend. But, Susan is on call on long weekends, and all I did was smell like gasoline and chain saw smoke, and have my clothes covered with saw dust!

Normally, we cut firewood starting the middle of August. But the middle of August this year, through the middle of September, we will be backpacking the Washington section of the PCT. Gotta get it done NOW.

Anybody want to volunteer to help?
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

I told ye, Platypus! It's perfect for a backpacker!

Google Platypus hydration. Amazon, backcountry, Sunnysports(free shipping) all have it!

It's great for anyone that wants to save space and drink filtered water from creeks, lakes and streams!:D

Ours is the Clean Stream Gravity Filter kit.

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
        I told ye, Platypus! ..........
        How comes I didn't see the name the first time I read your post? Bet is was cause of that beautiful wife in the picture and my excitement over that filter. That is soooooo cool.
        Chuck
        So. Oregon
        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

If you go the route we went we got ours through Sunnysports(free shipping). They also have collapsible plastic canteens and a 6 gallon plastic container for storage. So now we only carry enough water for the jeep ride to a site. Then as we are pitchin camp it just an added new thing we have to do....purify a bunch of water, especially for our foo foo coffee(least that's what SMC calls it). Adios pard! When are you gonna blast some trail? And how's Squeaky?

Comment

Trail blasting: Susan just got back from an over nighter and said the snow is melting really fast. So, I may get out next week for a couple of nights. That itch really needs to get scratched.

Won't be taking llama because with the weather and upkeep here I haven't had any time to work with him, so he is out of condition. Gonna have to rough it and carry my own pack. That means I will have to "down size" what I take - I will take fresh ground coffee and my french press mug :p

With us being gone middle of August for 30 days, I am focusing on getting firewood stored; something we usually do after the middle of August. Gotta get 10 cord put away, but only need about 5 cord of juniper. I have about 12 cord of elm rounds to split.

Squeaky failed a "test" last night. I decided to let her sleep in the house last night. Mistake! She left a calling card in the bathroom in the middle of the night. The good side of it is that when she does leave a calling card, it is always in the same spot in the bathroom - where she learned to leave it when we first had her (easy to clean up).

Other than that, with this warm weather, she has been doing a lot of under the deck guarding, and shade tree guarding - I guess waiting for me to head to the hills.
            Chuck
            So. Oregon

Comment

it is a nice sharing!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X