Big Agnes Big House 6 Pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Agnes Big House 6 Pics...

Hey everyone, I am just trying to get the hang of this high tech camping and figured I would start posting different pics of my gear and some reviews on different campgrounds I have visited. Anyeay, here is my first attempt at showing my gear and managing these pics.

These are pics of my Big Agnes BH6 that I purchased last year. I am not a very good photograher but I will get better. I got the tent which is roughly 10 X 10 and the vestibule which adds an additional 65 SF of storage. I cant say enough good things about this tent. Its easy to put up...has a full rainfly...a skylight which is in my pics...it has aluminum poles...life guarantee...tons of storage pockets inside. Let me tell you, this is one quality made tent. I have camped in it 4 times and have experienced snow...severe wind and driving rain...and she has took it all in stride. She didnt even budge in 40mph sustained winds.

I have also added a pic of my luggable loo. I have a grand total of 12 bucks in the whole shebang. I camp with 3 girls, 35, 9 and 2, so it allows me to not make several trips to the bathrooms in the middle of the night to protect them from the bears. There is also a pic of her at night. It doesnt really show that well but the guy lines are made of the reflective guy line and it is one of those features you really dont think about until you actually see how valuable they are. I am telling ya, those babys are hard not to see after dark.

Thanks for lookin and please, give me feedback as I am planning on doing several of these type posts to gain experience for my Yellowstone blog in the summer of 2011. I am really interested in what other campers like to see and read about. Let me have it...
    Last edited by Smokey Mtn. Camper; 06-01-2010, 11:17 PM.

SMC, Excellent! The story-line is very good and so are the photos! Excellent reportage! And it made you feel good doing it too! Thanks for sharing!

Most people that I know, or seen that have gone campin, do just that...go campin. You never hear anything about them or what good time they had. But here at CF, if one takes the trouble to become a full-fledged campateer, then CF becomes a sounding board to express and share your heartfelt passion with others! It'll be great to see and read more of your adventures!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Nice tent! I love that HUGE vestibule! Most are just wee flaps over the door. This one actually has SPACE!
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Is that what is referred to as a tent "pad"...what your tent is setup on?
        Up here in the Great White North, we have no such things........just a large campsite, you put your tent wherever you want.....no designated area.

Comment

Yes, OC that is a tent pad. Some organized campgrounds have them. They are usually 10x10'(don't know what that is in metric) and they are railroad ties in the shape of a large box or rectangle. Within the box the earth is dug out and replaced with sometimes sand, or a mixture of sand, rock. It helps with draining water off the tent, if it rains.

But not all campgrounds have them. Out west here, you might run into some but usually you can choose where to pitch your tent. I have, under my breath cussed out the designers of one campground we stayed at: the tent pads were 5x7 and out tent footprint is 9x12'.

I apologize SMC for stepping on your thread. Like I said this is really good, hope to see more and more details concerning your tent, ie. like a website attached, detailed pics inside showing what the pockets look like. Your sleeping arrangement, photos of All your equipment, etc! Once again thanks for sharing!
          Last edited by renodesertfox; 06-02-2010, 10:45 AM.
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks for the replys everyone. I am flying by the seat of my pants...sorta how I camp. :D

ontariocamper - Yup, those are tent pads. The ones pictured are 13ft X 13ft and Reno described them to a T. My tent is about 16 feet long X 10 feet wide and thats with the vestibule. It hangs off the pad but since the vestibule has no floor, it's not a problem.

I use a piece of carpet that looks like grass to line the bottom of the vestibule. I put some grommets along each side and I just stake it down. Keeps everything nice a flat and there are no "toe stumpers" for my lil ones.

Bigdog57 - Thanks. It sure is yellow but honestly, I kinda like the fact my tent sticks out in the campground. At first, I didnt like how bright it was but after several people coming up to my camp and wanting to take a look, it has sorta grew on me. I need to get some pics with the rainfly rolled up. It really is a very cool tent.

Reno - You aint steppin on anybodys toes. Heck, your driving this bus, I am just along for the ride. Thanks for the tips. Here are few more pics that shows the interior of the vestibule and one of my beautiful family in front of the tent. It gives you a better idea as to the size of the tent...and family as well...:D We use the rubbermaid tote to put our other empty gear bags in and as a table for the kids to put their toys and books and things.

Comment

Verry nice Tent and posting, we went from tent to pop up in last couple of years different to say the least.

Greg

Comment

The campground we stayed at in Georgia had big patches of GRAVEL, with a picnic table and lantern pole - you COULD put a smallish tent on it, but we backed off and used the grass. Seemed to me that gravel could shred the bottom of the tent!
                Yeah, I'll probably like the yellow - easier to find the tent at night! :D
                Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Congratulations SMC, "you done good"!

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.
                  “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                  ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Re: Big Agnes Big House 6 Pics...

I don't know if anyone will read this, since it's been over a year since the last post. I was wondering if anyone could tell me who makes that shelving unit I see in the back of the vestibule in these pictures.

Comment

It's a Coleman Free-Standing Organizer. I don't think they make it anymore, but it seems to be available on some websites.

I frankly didn't care for mine and gave it away.

Comment

Me too! New here... never seen that before and we camp one week to ten days at the time!!! would be very nice...

Ara and Spirit

Comment

Working...
                        X