LMT Lifestyle Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMT Lifestyle Anyone?

After I started the recent thread "Sierra Mountain Waterways" I said shoot! I should have made it open to anyone to upload their their scenic photos to it. But alas, by nature, I guess I'm a photog that's disguised as a photo-hog! Ha Ha!

So here's a new thread entitled: LMT. LMT is why we close to move up here to Reno in the first place. My Retirement account didn't change but Desert Rose's annual income is a lot smaller than it was when we were in Las Vegas. So LMT is why we are here!

So if you have any photos of places that you have been to, camped at, or just enjoy and they encompass the idea of LMT, then if you feel froggy, jump in and share some of your photos here in this thread. They don't just have to show you camping but the beautiful scenery surrounding you. Oh, yeah, I almost forgot to define LMT................Lakes...........Mountains...... .....Trees Anyone?:D
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

LMT All Of It!

This is where we went campin'! 25 miles from our driveway, can you believe it?!
    This was out first get-away in 5 months! Wow! So close too! The entire campground had 16 sites and we were the only ones' there! Sure, the mornings were 25f but the days warmed into the low 50s. Today, Sunday rain was predicted and we were packed by 11:30 AM at 12:00 noon it started to snow! Snow on May 9th! On the way home we stopped in Verdi to the Cabela's there and a store clerk said you smell like a campfire. Yeah, it's my after-shave, it's called Campfire! HaHa!!! Best campout to date!

Comment

Eagle Lake, CA

Comment

Feather River, CA

Comment

LMT is Good!

More photos of the eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains. Seems I never pick the prettiest days when campin' to go take some pics. That's because we are either 'yakin' or fly fishin' for trout on the best days! Oh well, enjoy and thanks for looking!

LMT everyone!

Comment

More LMT

Thanks for lookin'! Comments good or bad are welcomed! You too can share photos here. These are linked through photobucket, but I would rather not show the link...just the photo! You can even make you own albums too right here at CF. It's not as fancy as photosharing sites...but it ain't bad either! Get camping, by cracky!

Comment

More LMT!

Thanks for looking! Presently...5-27-2010; 5:30 PM raining in Reno at 4500'. Snow level tonight down to 4700' w/2" possible! Strange year!

Comment

Excellent pics reno.......I will assume you were/are a professional photog?

Comment

Observation excellence!! Yes I was a pro for over 35+ years. I worked at the Nevada Test Site where nuclear detonations occurred underground until 1992. Then I was able to hang on, brown nose(if you will) until I retired in 2005. Twenty years there and almost 10 years with the US Army as a Photographer at the tail-end of the Vietnam era. All that time I was camping...when-ever I could! Hey OC Thanks for noticin'! Hey, spent too much time here, weekend's comin and I'm plannin' on campin'; got to get to work! Bye!! Thanks!
                  Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-28-2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

One of the things I like about photography and the editing process, is that there's no right one way to get the job done! Place 2 photogs together in the same shooting scene and there are two different versions of the same thing. In the editing mode the same is true, especially shooting in the RAW format. There are many ways to accomplish a different look to a digital image every time. This is what inspires me to keep shooting. However, I love to chat about camping above anything else. Just thought I'd share a couple of thoughts! Thanks for looking!

Comment

LMT: rah, rah rhee!

LMT: rah, rah, rhee
                      Kick me in the knee!
                      Rah, Rah, Raz
                      Kick me in......................the other knee!
                      Thanks for lookin'!

Comment

Hey Reno dude,

Couldn't help but recognize Donner and the area. 'Told ya you would love that area. It is soooooo beautiful almost anywhere around there you travel. The door to the flood gates are open. Enjoy.
                        Chuck
                        So. Oregon
                        TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Just wish the snow would melt so I could get up there. Today 5-28-10 the weather radio was sayin chains required on Mt. Rose Hwy to Lake Tahoe and north Hwy 89 above Truckee! I always have chains in the WJ. Next time I put them on I'll show you! Don't hold your breath it may this summer, Ha Ha!:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                            ..... I always have chains in the WJ. Next time I put them on I'll show you! Don't hold your breath it may this summer, Ha Ha!:rolleyes:
                            I totally understand that statement! The place I went backpacking the first week of June last year is under 6' of snow NOW! I was told by Forest Service that it would take day temps of 86 degrees of clear weather through May to gain access by middle of June. I may get in there in July.

I'm looking at several Plan B's...........
                            Chuck
                            So. Oregon
                            TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                            TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                            SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Great pics, but the "Yuba River Cascade" is truly breathtaking!
                              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X