Sierra Nevada Mountain Waterways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sierra Nevada Mountain Waterways

Here's some photos of lakes, streams, waterfalls that we have visited near Reno in the Sierra Nevada Mountains for your enjoyment. There may be from time to time a campground slipped in here too. This does relate to camping; stop, look smell the flowers and enjoy your surroundings! Thanks for looking, hope this helps you to get out of the house and get camping!

Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-16-2010, 09:49 AM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Comment

I will think of your "find" now every time I drive by Eagle Lake on my/our southern route through the Sierras. Keep an extra battery charged for your camera cause you're gonna need it as you travel these parts :rolleyes:
        Chuck
        So. Oregon
        TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Yep, Eaglebait...I have 3 camera batteries for the Cannon XTi 400D that I carry along with 3 camera batts for the Nikon D80(back-up camera) I carry too, and Desert Rose has a Sony S1 that takes AA batts too. I also take along car chargers too for the two different cameras and there are two plug-in ports in the jeep. One is located next to the stereo system up front and the second is at the rear of the cargo hold of the jeep! I use a variety of SD and Compact Flash Cards. Every image I take is in RAW Format, so I can tweak every image anyway I want whenever I want and not destroy them over time like jpegs.

When I travel solo, usually for day trips, I carry and shoot a couple different film cameras also. Both Nikon & Cannon! And tripods 5 each. Reflector cards, cardboard wind breaks, extension tubes, bellows.

In the computer, I use western digital external hard drives for backup along with putting everything on DVD disks. The monitor I use is a 24" LCD and the Processor is a Dell 8 GB RAM with 750 GB Hard-Drive. There ya go!

Comment

Wow, this area up here in northern Nevada really fits us well. In Las Vegas, there was a Sportman's Warehouse that opened for a short time but closed rather quickly. And there are two small REI outlet stores in Vegas but they aren't that big and buying their gear on-line is the easier way to go there. But up here in Reno there a huge REI store, a huge Sportsman's Warehouse, and a Cabela's. Just about 8.2 miles west of our driveway is the town of Verdi, NV and there is a Cabela's Store there that puts all of the above mentioned stores to shame! It's the biggest Cabela's I have ever seen, on par with the main store in Nebraska!

On our way back down from camping we stopped in there and picked up 2 large waterproof duffel-bags for the kayak and a new folding camp table. Desert Rose held the new folding camp table in front of her for the short drive back to Reno, since there was no room in the back of the jeep. I rested the large duffel-bags on my lap and off we went. The check-out clerk said that we smelled like a campfire and I told her that was our after-shave and perfume! Ha Ha!:eek:

Comment

Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-11-2010, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-16-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Told Ya! It's beautiful in your new neighborhood! I'm happy for your "find".
                  Chuck
                  So. Oregon
                  TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                  TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                  SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Truckee River, Reno

Comment

Frazier Falls, CA

Normal perspective & my Desert Rose

Thanks for looking! Comments encouraged.

Comment

Lake Tahoe

Crystal Bay. Lake Tahoe from Mt. Rose Overlook(9945 feet)

Crystal Bay. Lake Tahoe from Mt. Rose Overlook(9945 feet)

Kings Beach State Recreation Area, CA. It is 43 miles from Reno, NV along the north end of Lake Tahoe. Lake Tahoe elevation is 6200 feet.

Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe(south western edge)
                        Thanks for looking! Comments always welcomed.

Comment

Great pics! I love waterfalls. They emit negative ions that make you feel much much better. They give you a natural high that no drug could ever dupicate. It has been proven that some waterfalls emit as much as 50% more negative ions than any other place on earth.

My family and I have taken a vow to hike to every waterfall in the Great Smokies. We are going to Rainbow Falls this coming friday during our next camping trip. Synchronized lightening bugs at night and waterfalls in the day. Aint campin great!

Thanks for sharing and I will post some pics of Rainbow Falls when I get back.

Comment

Thanks Smokey! Waterfalls are cool! Here is a couple more.

Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe, CA

Eagle Creek at Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe, CA

Lower Eagle Falls, Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe, CA.
                            Thanks for lookin! Comments welcomed anytime!

Comment

Working...
                            X