Van Conversion - Good Housekeeping Recommended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Conversion - Good Housekeeping Recommended

Here are the first images of the van conversion. It is insulated with cotton batting and peg board siding (without the holes). It is 10' from the rear doors to the back of the cab seats. The sleeping area is 7' long and 52" wide. There is 3' of space between the sleeping area and the cab for our dog to claim.

The sleeping area is raised 11.5" above the floor, allowing for plastic crates to slide easily under the sleeping area for storage. The two 8" pvc pipes are to hold awning poles and other things that could/would role around.

Interior decorator is giving us a great deal on ideas for the inside

It ain't gonna compete with any Hilton, but it is going to take care of our needs just fine. Hopefully, Susan and/or I will be able to show this rig off to you folks along our travels.
    Last edited by Eaglebait Ranch; 05-02-2010, 07:34 PM.
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

No room fer Billy-Bob?

Lookin' forward to th' day, friend! Looks similiar to a trailer that is hooked up to th' inside of yer drivin' cab!'.............. Just pullin' yer chain! Ha Ha!:D

Mighty fine! Mighty fine handiwork ya two got there! It'll be good to see ya campin' and usin' it as a base for your wonderful stories of yer packin' trips. I guess Billy Bob has is own carriage with fringe on top? No room in there fer hem! Ha Ha! Thanks for sharin'!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks for the plaudits. We just need to put the finishing touches on it, but, in a pinch, we could be out o' here in a jiffy. Susan is already finding "reasons" to not be working any more so we could be on the road.

Yep, Billy Bob has his own two horse "home" to lay in while traveling.

I don't which forum I was readin' your comments about buying you yak from L.L. Bean w/free shippin. I went and looked................ If I hadn't promised Susan we would wait until next summer to buy ours, I would be really considering...........

We want to get in some practice paddling before we order ours. Klamath Lake has yaks to rent. Of course, we have to find some time when we are "free" and not on some trail. For example: In two weeks Susan is going to hit the trail for 8 days.

Oh, well. Hope your day is going well.
      Chuck
      So. Oregon
      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Working...
      X