My Trip Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Trip Has Begun

I tent-camped the first night at Blackrock (pictures later!), but a friend has allowed me to use their trailer for my 2 1/2 month trip. I am thankful for that!

I still plan to camp and have all my equipment with me. Going to hit Big Bear and Lake Hemet. Want to see some snow before it all melts away! Maybe Idyllwild will be a good place to camp as well.

Anyways, I will post here throughout my trip and will take many pictures along the way. Thanks for reading!
    My Other Interest

Enjoy, and yes, send pictures!
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Thanks Silver for the update! And post those pics, can't wait to see'em!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

So jealous

I'm still a couple months away from my first trip so I'm jealous of yours! Have fun and can't wait till you post the pictures.
        Needs for Facebook Fans. My mom doesn't really count. http://bit.ly/d7QHYI

Comment

Pics coming soon....

....uploading now
          My Other Interest

Comment

San Gorgonio

San Jacinto

Flowers off of Hwy 62

My Other Interest

Comment

Blackrock Canyon Campground

My son Justin

My Other Interest

Comment

My Other Interest

Comment

Early in the Mornin'

My Other Interest

Comment

More to come
                    My Other Interest

Comment

Wow! Springtime in the desert can be beautiful!

Great pics!
                      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Thanks Silver! I.m still moving...will it ever end?

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
                          ..will it ever end?

I don't know, how much stuff ya' got?

Hope you get settled in soon! Honestly, I can't wait to get back to Fairfield. It's so windy here.

I hate the desert. There, I said it.

Love the mountains though! Those pics will be uploaded tonight!
                          My Other Interest

Comment

I've actually been to Fairfield, California! I had a couple tech schools at Mare Island Navy Base in Vacaville back in the early 80's - a close drive. Nice country in northern Cali, though it was getting crowded even back then!
                            I drove some buddies to the Yolo Dropzone in Yolo County, where they did some skydiving. They tried to get me to do it - NOT! I ain't jumping from a plane unless it's burning....! :eek:
                            I did do some sailplane flying though - gorgeous scenery out that way!
                            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Just a couple of more short trips and I think that'll wrap it up here in Vegas. Leaving tomorrow am back for Reno. Desertrose was telling me that there were snow flurries today there in Reno! This trip and maybe two more and I'll be done!
                              We are getting the house professionally cleaned and the new renter is moving in May 1. The new renter is actually an old friend and co-worker of mine from the mining industry. How small the world really is! He said that after this two year lease is up he wants to buy the house! How about that? I couldn't believe it when he showed up just to have another look! It was like old times!

Nice photos Silver! Springtime on the desert and all you get is wind! Wind! Wind! I hate it too! Reno is beautiful! At Blackrock Campground the wind really blows there!!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                              X