Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Means Nevada To Me

Howdy Campateers,
    Just thought I'd start a thread of Nevada Photos to places that we've been and seen. Some we have camped at other places we drove to from a distant campground. But this way I get to share photos of my home state. This thread was inspired by Waterfowler, in case you didn't know he started just putting up places he's been and has kept up his work. Thank you Waterfowler for your dedication to this forum! Thanks for looking and of course comments are appreciated...positive or negative.

Cathedral Gorge State Park, near Pioche, Nevada Hwy 93

Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Spring Valley Dispersed Camp(we constructed the fireplace)

Spring Valley, Lincoln County, Nevada "Tennis Shoes" (the're not ours they were left by someone else)

Thanks for looking! You too can start a thread here in the Photo Gallery of photos of where you have been and/or camped. The more photos we share the broader our knowledge base will grow.

Comment

Howdy Campateers! How many remember these days? Your House or Grandma's House? Spring Valley State Park, Lincoln County, NV. We camped here over Halloween weekend 2009. These photos are of an actual still standing brick house constructed in the 1860s. Mormon pioneers settled this part of Eastern Nevada in 1864. A number of ranch buildings from the late 19th century still exist in the park, including those of the Rice Ranch, Millet Ranch and others. Today the Millet Ranch is used as the park headquarters.

The Rice Ranch

Rice Ranch Kitchen

Rice Ranch Outhouse

Thanks for looking! Comments welcomed!

Comment

In the kayak. Eagle Valley Reservoir, NV

Comment

I am absolutely going through withdrawls for camping...can't wait.

Your pictures are amazing!!
          My Other Interest

Comment

Thanks Silver! Opinion counts as gold around here! Just like everyone else!

Comment

Awesome pics Vegas, thank you for sharing. I see what you mean by bringing out the blueness of the skies by using a polorizer filter. The sky on the Rice Ranch is amazing. A few of your pics give me the itch to do some deer. hunting. Looks like prime Mule Deer country!
              "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
              sigpic

Comment

Howdy Campateers...just sharing some new photos of Nevada with everyone. These were taken late last week on the drive from Las Vegas to Reno on Nevada Hwy 95. We are about half way on the trip and have just gone through the ghost town of Coaldale and driving through what is known as "Columbus Salt Marsh." In the distance one can see the Sierra Nevada Mountains and all the snow that that range has received so far this winter. The distance from the Salt Marsh to the mountains here is about 60 miles. This is some barren land by in it's own way it is very beautiful too! Thanks for looking! Comments are always welcomed, too. Thanks!

Comment

Great Pic! Thanks for sharing.
                  Chuck
                  So. Oregon
                  TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                  TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                  SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Brent, superb pics! I can't believe I missed seeing these before......
                    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Howdy Lance, you didn't miss these...these were taken last week and I uploaded them 4-2-10. More will follow. Hopefully you sir might start a thread entitled: "your state" is home to you and place it in the photo gallery section.

Comment

Working...
                      X