Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What photo programs do you use?

Howdy Campateers,
    If you upload photos here or not. It doesn't matter. Just thought some campers might want to share what kind of software they are running and using on their machines to work with photos. Okay, I guess I'll start since it is my question.

Currently I'm using a mix of a couple of programs Picasa is a free web service from Google and I have images there. Another program that I am using now is Adobe Photoshop 7. Even when I'm editing a pic from Picasa I'll send it to PSE7. All of my professional history and freelancing jobs I get now are located in Adobe Photoshop CS4. I know it's over-kill and I never use all the bells & whistles that a large program has I can keep things separated better.

Last summer Chili Chef was taking a Photoshop course in his neck of the woods. He'd pm me and show me stuff I never heard of. He learned alot and I became lost more...so it's fine to do all that high powered stuff but it isn't for me. I'm an "old still film man" who learned on a large format 8x10 & 4x5 view camera who is making the change from film to digital. Long-live Digital! Thanks for looking. Now it's your turn...........
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I use several.
    For simple display of images and very quick & easy resizing for posting on websites, I use "IrfanView". It has some editing for lighting, color balance and sizing, but is not a full photo editor. Very user-friendly though, and it seems to have video capability too, though I am not into that.
    For editing some photo stuff but especially cartoon-type images using GIF images, I like the old tried&true M/S PAINT. It is fairly user friendly too.
    I do have PhotoShop Elements - versiom 9, I think now - I had version 3 but it wouldn't work on my new computer (Win7), so I had to buy the new version. I don't use it much, so I am not 'good' with it yet.

For photo hosting, I favor VillagePhotos, as it is quicker and more user-friendly than my number two, Photobucket. PB was really slow and clunky on my old dial-up system, but I use it more now that I am on DSL.

One HUGE improvement I made too, was switching to an HP OfficeJet J4540 All-In-One printer, replacing my old Lexmark X1500 printer - also a 3-in-1. But it was clunky and the ink kept drying, and was expensive! The HP ink doesn't dry in the cartridge, and the ink carts are twice the size and half the price!
    Much better print quality, and makes very nice photos on glossy photo paper!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
    X