• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDF: Wild Bird Photos Here

Howdy Campateer s!

Here's a link to my Wildlife Photography Portfolio "Birds":

http://www.campingforums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=71

Please feel free to leave comments here in this thread or under the photos themselves. Once this link is opened and you are a registered camper here, move your cursor over an image and click on it. A larger version will appear.
    I really like your comments good or bad...

Then if you want to see more, please feel 100% free to click on my name, my camping profile and see the other 20+ photo albums. I even have started scanning and gathering my old portfolio together when I actually was a paid photographer. Thanks for looking...and remember a good photograph doesn't need an explanation just a caption! "A Great Photograph needs no words," sigh....(Ansel Adams)
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 02-19-2010, 09:29 AM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Just a word about criticism and how we should view it and share it. There are two kinds...constructive and destructive.

Destructive Criticism sounds like this: That's not a great photo, who are you trying to kid...your pics stink! You should lay off taking photos for about 6 months and then give it up altogether!

Constructive Criticism is just the opposite: Hey, I like the composition and the angle that you took this pic at but, have you ever thought about using a polarizer to enhance those clouds and really intensify the scene. If you a polarizer this and that will occur...

I know everyone responds to the Constructive kind better. So if you view someone photos that they have taken the time to upload here and feel motivated to say something try to keep it is a positive vein. Of course, it's up to the photographer how he/she will respond. That's a gamble, hey life itself is a gamble sometimes too! Hey once again thanks for looking! And for being the great campers that you are! btw: I too have a few photos on here that I could have done better on...but you'll have to find them.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

In addition the the comment about constructive criticism, a photographer with a true passion for the art should always see room for improvement and take every bit of advice/suggestions into full consideration. Also another thing to remember is that communication through written form can quite often be turned into something it was not meant to be. If you are ever in question, or feel offended by the way a particular comment was made dont hesitate to ask. If someone is bold enough to provide destructive criticism they will in turn be bold enough to make it known if confronted about it. On the other hand, if they did not mean the comment to be offensive they will explain themselves and 9 times out of 10 they will thank you for bringing it to their attention and maintaining a good relationship with them.
      Last edited by Waterfowler84; 02-20-2010, 12:49 AM.
      "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X