Some pictures of Joshua Tree National Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pictures of Joshua Tree National Park

Just thought I would share some photographs that I took in JTNP.

This is Intersection Rock.

Views from our campground (Hidden Valley)

Last edited by SilverMaggie; 02-01-2010, 01:38 PM.
    My Other Interest

My Other Interest

Comment

Hope you liked
      My Other Interest

Comment

Are you a climber Maggie? You live close to Jtree?
        Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
        USMC Retired
        Scout/Sniper

Comment

Originally posted by richardvg03 View Post
          Are you a climber Maggie? You live close to Jtree?

No, not a climber, love to hike though.

I used to live 15 mins away from the West entrance of JTNP. Camped there just about every month for years. I live in Nor Cal now.
          My Other Interest

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMaggie View Post
            No, not a climber, love to hike though.

I used to live 15 mins away from the West entrance of JTNP. Camped there just about every month for years. I live in Nor Cal now.

15 min?? Don't tell me you're a Marine or your husband is a Marine!
            Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
            USMC Retired
            Scout/Sniper

Comment

Originally posted by richardvg03 View Post
              15 min?? Don't tell me you're a Marine or your husband is a Marine!

LOL! Nope! I used to live in Yucca Valley, which is on the opposite side of J.T. from 29 Palms. Surrounded by Marines though!

I also used to work here http://www.thedesertlily.com/
              Only a mile from the entrance to the park.
              My Other Interest

Comment

We've stayed there(The Desert Lily B&B), two years ago for three days...I think we've met. I like your photographs. Did you link them from another site? Thanks for sharing!
                Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
                  We've stayed there(The Desert Lily B&B), two years ago for three days...I think we've met. I like your photographs. Did you link them from another site? Thanks for sharing!

No way! What a small world!

I stopped working there in March of '08.
                  The Desert Lily used to be called the Rosebud Ruby Star when Sandy Rosen owned it. Carrie Yeager bought it sometime in 2007. I had worked there a total of 7 years.

The pictures above, I took years ago and have them on my external hard drive. I made a special photobucket folder just for pictures I'm gonna put on here! I have many from Zion and a few other places.
                  My Other Interest

Comment

Oops...trying to delete this post but it won't let me!
                    Last edited by SilverMaggie; 02-01-2010, 01:37 PM.
                    My Other Interest

Comment

Yep, we met very briefly...we went there for a wedding anniversary in Jan. 08.
                      Nice that you found a great camping forum and it'll be great to see more of your photographic collection too.:D

Hope you find better camping spots than $31 a night. Most national forests across this great land of ours allows dispersed camping, but if your vehicle is too showy( and many are) you might consider renting a smaller SUV or truck for your camping forays. National forest rules are usually 100' off any back road(dirt); and short distance from any fresh water like a stream or lake. Just a 3 hour drive east of the Bay you'll be in the foothills of the Sierras and camping is easy to find but with all the snow many places won't open till mid-June. There are also a few places in the Napa area to camp as well. Let us know what you find.
                      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Do you remember what part of the B&B you stayed in? Was it a small B&B room or a larger rental house? The 'Casa Rosita' which is located across the street from the main house/office is where Sandy, the previous owner, taught me a lot about indoor decor! I painted most of that house. I really miss working there :(

About our car, I know I used the term 'showey' but it is an every day driver. We don't mind getting it dirty, there is just not much ground clearance so we have to stay on paved or smooth dirt roads.

The car itself is great for camping because it has so much space inside. This is what we are driving:

This is my old one (I owned this one when you came to stay at Desert Lily, you might have seen it in the parking lot)

I took mine camping many times and actually slept in it! Great car!
                        My Other Interest

Comment

Maggie thanks for sharing, those are some excellent pics! I have never been able to visit west of the Rockies and love seeing great captures of the different landscapes and natural scenery. Keep sharing so I can live vicariously through your camera lense!!!

Not trying to highjack this thread but since we are sharing photos of Mopar vehicles heres my beauty!! ('04 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Overland Edition package)
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	69225

Name:	Jeep 2.jpg
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	69226

Name:	Jeep 3.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	69227
                          Last edited by Waterfowler84; 02-01-2010, 04:31 PM.
                          "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice Jeep Waterfowler!

Have you seen those SRT8 Jeeps?
                            They got the 6.1L V8 and OMG I love 'em!
                            My Other Interest

Comment

A couple more from JT
                              These were taken on the grounds of The Desert Lily B&B

Big Bear, Ca.

My Other Interest

Comment

Working...
                              X