sigpic

Comment

yep, awesome is the word
      2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
      2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
      I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

I'll be dipped in sheep dip! I thought I slapped your back on this one but holy cow...you need encouragement! We all need encouragement from time to time! Really very nice photo op you got here! Nice use of wide angle and lines and the framing and exposure are spot on, dude! Some sky is blown out, but sometimes it just can't be helped. Photo # 2 is the best! I know you got more and talent too not just behind the barrel of a weapon but behind the camera! I still enjoy a good peek at your Alaska film you did here awhile back! Shucks...how is it going with this new pursuit?:D
        Last edited by renodesertfox; 02-23-2010, 11:33 PM.
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Well you know Marines... we're good at anything we put our minds too! I'm actually looking into going to photography school. I figure if I can't shoot people with a gun then I might as well shoot them with a camera! I'm thinking about going to Brooks in Santa Barbara!
          Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
          USMC Retired
          Scout/Sniper

Comment

Oh and the sky was HORRIBLE! It actually snowed on us while we were hiking out there!
            Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
            USMC Retired
            Scout/Sniper

Comment

I have a pal who teaches at Brooks Institute! Excellent school! Brooks is known throughout the civilized world as one of the best photo schools in America. Sad, though, I learned the craft through the Army first at Ft. Dix in N.J. and then they sent me to a Florida Naval School for underwater photo school(I ain't a fish) and then luck would have it before I was sent overseas to Ft. Huachuca, AZ for Photo Intelligence School, like the Army has any intelligence. Ha Ha:rolleyes: Then back to Ranger school where I learned to jump from perfectly good airplanes. But the worst place I ever went was basic training at Ft. Puke(Polk) LA. Tiger Village was it's nickname we was the last group to go through there. Most men after Puke went straight to Nam but I caught Nam's last hoorah. Anyway, sniper...you'll like Brooks! They always get great looking models to photograph! Keep us posted too, by cracky! Got any more shots of Bryce or any more desert lands? 1500 mile trek and all I see is 15 photos? What are we chopped liver? Ha Ha! :D

Comment

If you have a buddy who teaches at Brooks you should hook it up!!

haha you have facebook?? find me www.facebook.com/richardvg03
                Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
                USMC Retired
                Scout/Sniper

Comment

Why should I have Facebook. The only time my face is in a book is when I sleeping!
                  Should I? What's the reward?

I read the reviews and isn't aka myspace all over again? It's been compromised many time this site has never been!
                  Last edited by renodesertfox; 02-24-2010, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Immediately in "terms" for Facebook it states that if a person joins any photos can be used by FB for any reason without payment "royality-free." For as long as they are a member. I don't like a company using my photos and me not getting one red cent! That's not right. If I join, no photos ever there!:mad:
                    I took 'em and I own the copyright. I'll sell limited rights but not let a company run amuck with my photos...no way!

Comment

Facebook is a great online community IMO. No where comparable to myspace. You will not recieve tons of spam in your inbox, there are tons of privacy settings for your personal information, and only certain people can be allowed to view your profile. As far as the photos go you are correct in facebook being able to have full rights to them. I would not reccommend posting anything you do not want to wilingly share. Since joining facebook in '04 I have deleted myspace and never use it. I would reccommend facebook to anyone.
                      "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X