Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour Inside Our Tent

Howdy,
    I ask my bride and she said it was okay. Shhhhh! Inside you'll find these items: our Visa Portapotty(when it's too cold to go outside-it's the best)! Our new Coleman Propane Lantern, Mr. Heater and outside is our new Field Kitchen Drawers(20"x20"x9") gives us more space for stuff. Thanks for looking and yes, we love to camp! Just don't like too much snow and too low temperatures. Middle-age so we're fickle but friendly! We don't loan nothing!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Gotta really love the Mr. Heater Buddy when the temp drops...... :D
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Nice set up you have there Vegas. One question, does your porta potty ever freeze or do you use something to keep it from doing so? I usually am a solo winter camper so I just step outside to do my business but that is one thing I've always been curious about....
      "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
      sigpic

Comment

The solution that is recommended is called Holding Tank Deodorant(practical name). It elimates all odor and breaks down waste(#2) fast. It will not freeze except at extreme laboratory temperatures. I wear industrial strength rubber gloves when handling this stuff. The holding tank take 2 gallons of water and 8 fl oz of this stuff and you're good to go! In the upper tank, the one that is use for sitting on or standing...whatever...holds just up to two gallons of plain water that you pump into the bowl before using. After a week of use the holding tank is heavy and I use a luggage dolly to cart it off to the local vault toilet. At first I would wear a mask over my face so to not breath any odors, but that was stupid. Now I just dump and there is nothing but clean smelling dark liquid that empties out of the holding tank. If anyone ice fishes in your neck of the woods or camps with a girlfriend or wife...this is adds a very nice touch to something that is normally very hard to deal with during the wee small hours of the morning: getting up to get dressed and step out into the cold night air to do your thing and squat or stand over who knows what. On our trip I emptied it twice in 10 days. Thanks guys for looking and asking/commenting! It means a lot to me!
        Last edited by renodesertfox; 01-05-2010, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I usually suck it up and just run outside real quick, helps build my tolerance to the cold...only problem is the #2 version of the story...i usually bring a 5 gallon bucket and put it up against a tree for emergency uses. Yes its cold but it rarely needs used in the middle of the night.
          "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
          sigpic

Comment

Cool!

I love seeing the interior of other people's tents. I'm always curious as to how other people set their stuff up. But you rarely get to see any of that. I'd love just to look at shots of how everything is arranged in a tent. I'm always looking for a better way of doing everything.

Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Nice tent set up VDF. Your tent has it all even a porta potty. Maybe I should have done that instead of my most recent purchase.

Comment

Howdy rx,
                You did what you wanted too and so did I. No regrets! What's great about camping forums everyone has different goals in life and different situations and their own history. Mine is strict jeep/tent campin', works for me! What works for you works for you! Thanks for your $0.02! And I like sharing and chatting with everyone, except when I'm campin'...that's when I'm happiest!

Thanks guys & gals for looking and commenting...it means a lot to me!
                Last edited by renodesertfox; 01-07-2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/P...od_ID=RP091414

Hey vegas
                  I see you are an all season camper......when (what month) were those pics taken?
                  Up here where I am, the parks are closed in the winter months except for yurts.....then it is by booking only and quite expensive.
                  It looks like you have everything nailed down to a science!
                  Throw rugs under the potty, and looks like a bedside one, some carpeting somewhere else, and I like the idea of the stacking tool/storage boxes for your kitchen stuff.
                  This idea I think I will incorporate into this years trek.
                  What we do now is divide all our pots/pans/mugs etc between two of those rubbermaid storage totes

I think with your method, we can preload everything where it has to be and just put it in place at site.
                  Only problem is, we can't leave stuff out with bears around.

Comment

Hey OC...thanks for your comments! Sorry you didn't follow my other commo earlier in the month of December. We camped in Arizona from December 23rd to Jan 1st! Wonderful tent the Kodiak! I've gotten rid of everything else. Except a tarp when I go solo and hunting down here.

The trouble with plastic boxes...there are bulky and if you need something on the bottom, you gotta take everything out of the box to get what you're looking for. With a bag it's different. The plastic drawers you see aren't water tight or air-tight. But even in grizz country this is what we use because everything inside those drawers are in their own air-tight containers and no smells get away to attract bears! With drawers, everything has a place and a place for everything. Ours are 20"x20"x9" and they hold a lot of gear. Wal-mart down here had them on sale for $19.95 for a set of three.

Speaking of defense...I also carry a little firearm, Smith & Wesson 357 for protection from feral dogs! Never pulled it on a man but came awful close once! I have used it to scare away bear, didn't hit the critter, just scared it as it charged. I think the charge was a fake but like anyone, I panic, pull out "Betty" and fired four rounds over the bears head! Some places even Federal property like a national park have rules against carrying loaded firearms. But I'm registered and have a permit to carry concealed...and I would rather be judged by 12 than be carried out by 6. Thanks again for your comments OC, your's mean a lot to me. Hey and that goes for anyone else. Your comments are important...so don't keep them bottle up inside you, chat and comment! That's the best way!
                    Last edited by renodesertfox; 02-04-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Vegas, like others said......... Nice set up. I will take pics of our winter and summer set up, which will be the opposite of your set up = we have more gear outside the tent than inside. LOL

I paid attention to your porta-potty as we are going to get something like that to put in the bunkhouse here at Eaglebait Ranch.

When we have family visits, 8 people can sleep in the bunk house, and there is room for some sort of "thingy" so them city folk have what they need to take care of that #1 and #2 problem in the middle of the night.

We are looking at a composting toilet, but for the money, it would only be used about 5-8 days a year. Ain"t worth the outlay.
                      Chuck
                      So. Oregon
                      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Working...
                      X