Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kodiak Canvas Is Calling

Hi Glitter,
    The tent comes with the front awning, and you can get the screen enclosure as an extra add on.
    The screen room is very cool, we sit in that almost all the time. An added bonus is the mesh is so tight and small it even blocks the wind. !! Of course you still get air flowing through the screen room but it actually blocks the direct wind. You can really tell the difference when you walk out the front door if it is windy.

Coffee in the Desert

Ride the Rails,
    Trainman

Comment

reno what is the yellow cover you have on your propane tank?

Comment

The propane tank doesn't have a yellow cover. It is a fiberglass see-through propane tank that has a yellow solid plastic housing around it. They cost double what a normal steel tank costs. But one can see how much propane is in the tank.

This should help: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keyw...propane%20tank
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Wow trainman. VERY COOL. That desert camping is unfamiliar to me being from the northwoods with trees and lakes. What is it like when the cold wind strarts whipping across that sand and dust?

What kind of outdoor activities do you do in that environment?

Comment

Originally posted by jpurdy View Post
            I don't know about switching back , though I think it would be ok, I remember a camping trip in the Boy Scouts where we stayed in a round green canvas monster compliments of the US Army. Glad I didn't have to move that from place to place.

Ha! Jpurdy, that is nostalgic to me. When I was a kid at Boyscout camp in the 1960's, our tents were left-over war surplus too. We had tents from WWII, but we also had tents from WWI. The WWII tents were green/olive and the WWI tents were tan. I remember that the WWI tents weren't water-proof and mostly absorbed rain like a big towel.

Of course, today those tents would be collector items, but in the 1960's, the WWII tents were only twenty something years old. The 1980's gear I use now is older than the WWII stuff we used then.

I wasn't keen enough to realize it then, but we almost certainly had vetrans from WWI, WWII, and the Korean war as councellors all hanging out at the same camp. Meanwhile, our brothers and uncles were fighting in Vietnam while we were at Boyscout camp. I remember the Vietnam vets coming back home and everybody giving them crap except for the WWI, WWII, and Korean War vets. Those young men found immediate kinship in those old soldiers. I just didn't get it then, but I remember the calmness my Vietnam vet uncle had when he sat in the living room with our neighbor who was an old WWII vet. They didn't talk about the war much, but when they did, it was not fun.

Anyway, I digress.

Comment

This id very good work done by all of you keep going guys.

Comment

Now I want a Kodiak. You people make me spend so much money.... My wife is gonna kill me.

Comment

I just ordered my Kodiak 10x14 deluxe today with free shipping and a $10 gift card.. Ive been pondering this for awhile and after doing my research i like the extra room.. The last camping trip i did it rained and i spent about 4 hour of daylight cramped in my 4 man dome tent, Now if that happens again i can put my feet up in the Kodiak and relax..

Doing a one night camp at a local county park to test in out before i head out for a 3 night stay up the coast in January.. I love the pics you guys posted.. Thanks
                  Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

You won't be disappointed ever, with a Kodiak!

Comment

Here my Kodiak Cabin Wall Tent from a few years back. 10x14 w/screen-in porch.

Comment

Ive never seen them in blue..
                        Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

That's their light green, but I reckon your monitor color might be shifting. My monitor is calibrated daily and it is a light green! Appreciate the comment, thank you!

Of course also this image is a tone-mapped high dynamic range image(hdr) and not every one likes this treatment done to images, but I do and use it almost always. lol
                          Last edited by renodesertfox; 12-13-2012, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X