First Crossing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Crossing

Wife and I's first crossing on the Chi-Cheemaun. Served a great buffet.
    A fella from Listowel Ontario that worked with in Seymour, suggested that a corn fed flatlander might enjoy the crossing from Tobermory to South Baymouth onto Manitoulin Island. Said the island had gteat lakes, streams and numerous inlets and bays. All for the avid fisherman to explore.
    Boy was he right. Manitoulin is located on the northern passage of Lake Huron-Georgain Bay.
    Being on the island was as if you had returned to the 1950's.The largest village might be 2500 people. Many campgrounds and bed and breakfast on the island.
    We stayed at Norm's Camp on lake Kagawong. Camped next to the water. WoW!!!!
    The island may be driven onto from the north or the way we came, by the Big Canoe as Chi-Cheemaun means in the language of the Ojibwe.
    Best to contact island tourism and get a map and magazine to get an idea of what to expect.
    Going in mid or late June is best. no later. Fishing is not as good and the tourist set in by the droves.
    SORRY: Don't know how to reduce the photo size.

We've all had them. Those travelers moments? Maybe this was not such a good idea. Or, it seemed like a good idea just a moment ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-wIQd5SspQ

Comment

I's feel for ya!

Yep, Angler57...that same thing has happened to me using a third party site to display photos. So I got the skinny on doing it myself without having to depend on a third or fourth party site. I've run the gammut too. First it was flickr, then photobucket, then panaramio, then aunt grandma's turtle farm. Then I thought I'd for sure get better results if I paid for them, went zenfolio, then flickr pro, then Nikonian, and finally smugmug. Sunk a lot of doe there and I'm back to the workings of photoshop 7 only. I started with photoshop 3 and over the years moved on up to PSE7. If you want to know what I do, I'll send you a pm. You gotta ask, though. The steps are easy once you have done it a couple of times but learning it is a slow process and my typing speed is not that fast. It has taken me a good twenty minutes to pen this. Picasa is good and it's free from google and works quite good as a third party filler. So give a holla if you want, I ain't holding my breath waiting, just out back sawing(power) timber for our next campout.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Will check out sites you mentioned. Understand typing thing. Type well enough. It's the rest of the operations of this machine that confuse us.
        Always draining grandkids brains to learn more.

Comment

Originally posted by angler57 View Post
          Will check out sites you mentioned. Understand typing thing. Type well enough. It's the rest of the operations of this machine that confuse us.
          Always draining grandkids brains to learn more.

This is the exact reason I use Smugmug.com and my own site.

but it looks like you guys had a hell of a blast!

And that's the bottom line, Having fun!!!
          My cooking site!

Comment

Originally posted by Chile Chef View Post
            This is the exact reason I use Smugmug.com and my own site.

but it looks like you guys had a hell of a blast!

And that's the bottom line, Having fun!!!
            Thanks for the two new sites. Both of the subjects are not things I know that much about. Course. We still have a lot to learn in life. (if this is a bit rambling, woke at 3:00a.m., (wide awake) Will have wife check-out Chef site. Will give Smugmug a look-at.
            The cooking part, I try, really do. Tried to learn to bake. My sons are both good with the cooking thing. Myself? Must have more coffee!!!!.

Comment

First Crossing

Dont fell bad about going slow at first, i dont think Matt ever got it much above 45mph :smile:grats on your first bike man

Comment

Working...
              X