Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Ontario camping

here are a few pics from our recent trip.......I think it should be OK

Great stuff OC, fills us in with some directions and what you did! Photos are fantastic! Got more?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Well........we camped.
      we sat under a tarp while it rained from 9am Thursday, until about 2 am Friday.
      Rented a canoe for 2 hours, and took both girls out.
      My youngest actually picked up paddling quite well!...she is 8.
      Tried a bit of fishing.....nada.....the fish must be going to McD., cause they didn't want my offerings.!
      The park puts on presentations in the mornings and evenings, all related to nature....we always take these in.
      Next year we very much hope to have sufficient funds to buy a used tent trailer...not that I mind tenting, but it will ALWAYS rain either the day you need to break camp, or the night before.
      I have attached a few more pics here too.

Comment

the first pic is a canoe I hope to win at a local tourist centre....value $1295!!
        the second is Mike the head educator,doing his Dr. Vomipukus presentation on gross animal stuff.
        third is a floating dock in the main lake
        fourth is a shot of a brave soul emerging from his dive off the jumping rocks...a dive of about 30 feet.
        last is the front entrance to the park....not always with my kids on it!

Comment

Thanks OC for the nice tour of your camping trip. Sorry to hear about the rain, but you did say you were camping in northern Ontario? We haven't had any rain here since early May and that was for only ten minutes! Hey, thanks for sharing!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by ontariocamper View Post
            here are a few pics from our recent trip.......I think it should be OK
            Great photos. Beautiful country. May I ask where these were taken.
            Have been looking at tent camping photos. Looks fun. As for me, when working for my uncle, he provided free camping and vittles.
            Eating in the rain and sleeping under the stars aren't as attractive as they once were. Guess old age (70) changes
            taste.
            Good for you folks under these modern shelter halves.

Comment

These were taken at grundy lake provincial park in mid-northern Ontario canada.............if you find Toronto (Trawna!) on yer map......go north about 3 inches or so............find Parry Sound..........go further north and find Sudbury..............find a point about 1/2 way between the two.
              That is us.

this may work...........

http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/grun-maps.html

zoom in and out to get a grip of where it is

Last edited by ontariocamper; 08-21-2009, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X