been a long winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been a long winter

with hints of warmer weather hope to see more posts of people getting back out,
    have a couple trips planned,
    next week trip to my land in upstate NY for a few days, combo work and play trip
    will probably bring my bow and see if i can bring home a spring turkey
    after that have a scout trip planned,
    then hope to get some trail miles in with my son
    he's up to 5 mile days and looking to get him up to 10 mile days comfortably by the end of summer

Re: been a long winter

I haven't been taking any time off work and won't be for the near future. But I am currently planning a trip to Death Valley for December. .And do have plans to go to the coast for a few days in September.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I was going to be out for a long weekend starting tomorrow afternoon - until I saw the forecast with a lot of rain including thunderstorms.
      Last edited by MacGyver; 04-24-2019, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I took last Thursday and Friday for an extra long weekend trip. I needed to get out of town and away from work for a while. Went to a lake with my brothers kayak but only used it for an hour or so. Spent a lot of time in the hammock.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
            Was SURE this was going to be a song parody.
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
              Was SURE this was going to be a song parody.
              LOL - The thought never crossed my mind when I titled the video. Sorry for the disappointment.
              And now it looks like I'll have Hammer Time running through my head all day long.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	57919A52-D245-4814-8A02-3B6C8413A8BF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	71137

Also got some hammock time in

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                  LOL - The thought never crossed my mind when I titled the video. Sorry for the disappointment.
                  And now it looks like I'll have Hammer Time running through my head all day long.
                  Then my work is done here...
                  – E. B. White

Comment

Guys, I really jealous you. My hammock time was last summer. But I'm not give up. Few more weeks at work and I'm with you. Hope weather will be good, without rain and thunderstorms.

Comment

got out again as a scout trip
                      total of 48 people people in this outing
                      tried a new sleep system for my hammock basically homemade pad, and a jungle blanket and worked great down to the 40's

Name:	Hammock2.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	71138

Name:	Hammock1.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	71139

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
                        got out again as a scout trip
                        total of 48 people people in this outing
                        tried a new sleep system for my hammock basically homemade pad, and a jungle blanket and worked great down to the 40's

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6554[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]6555[/ATTACH]
                        Would like to know more about the homemade pad.
                        – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                          Would like to know more about the homemade pad.
                          I have been using salvaged materials
                          in the past used left over flooring underlayment
                          lately been using padding from dumpster,
                          neighboring autobody shop often throws out large sheets of padding used in shipping panels like bumpers and hoods
                          works great
                          only change I would make is to cut the padding to better fit the hammock shape, currently have them all cut in rectangles for floor/tent sleeping
                          I also have some cut to shape of tent floors that I use as both padding and ground cloth on tents, this is more for car camping as can be quite large
                          wool blanket I had on this outing was more of a nuisance as it kept bunching up underneath me

Name:	IMG_8987.jpg
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	71140
                          Last edited by terasec; 05-17-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X